Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

pressure plateau
RE: pressure plateau
they list 10 CA's

Sleep study all loaded up Thanks Guys
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-18-2020, 06:47 PM)milboltnut Wrote: they list 10 CA's
Post Reply Post Reply
Three more

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
can a bilevel cpap fail to manage central sleep apnea
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes a BiLevel without a backup rate can make CA’s worse
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-19-2020, 12:53 PM)jaswilliams Wrote: Yes a BiLevel without a backup rate can make CA’s worse

Jaswilliams as I appreciate your response. Would you care to explain the backup rate?
Post Reply Post Reply
Backup breathing at a specified rate. It will attempt to initiate a breath at the specified interval
Post Reply Post Reply
CPAPs and most bilevels respond to spontaneous respiratory effort initiated by the user. For these bilevel machines, if a patient does not spontaneously breathe, the device will just contiue to produce EPAP pressure until breathing resumes. Bilevel respiratory devices with a "backup rate" use timing or some other more intelligent algoritm to trigger IPAP pressure when spontaneous effort to breathe is not detected. This can cause the user to take a breath or even cause air to flow into the lungs as a machine initiated breath. There are lots of flavors like ST, ASV and ST-A, and all work differently. You will learn more by reading the Resmed Sleep Lab Titration Guide if you want to read it. All types of machines are covered. https://www.resmed.com/us/dam/documents/...er_eng.pdf

If you study this, you will become much better informed. Please use the information carefully until you fully understand it.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks sleep rider.... greatly appreciated.

I'm sure at the sleep study this will be found out....and machine adjustments made as study progresses. But in past posts the ASV has been recommended. But NOW, which BTW I asked my DR. if I could get a ResMed ASV and he agreed, I see it's too early in the game to want a particular machine. The sleep study will tell me what I need.

VERY cool website.... the mode of ventilation chart is very cool !
Post Reply Post Reply
An example to help explain the machines a bit. Consider this info about machines that I gleaned on my self research. Don't worry, it's not deep.

The thing is as I understand what you're dealing with, if you allow an assumption, and if that assumption says you need a machine capable of dealing with CA as the major need. You may also have other apnea events. Today's choice is ASV. Before the ASV, the best choice was probably ST-A.

I have used a ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV for about 2.5 years. It is capable of dealing with apnea related events including OA, CA, Hypopnea, and I will also say Flow Limits as mine was near zero FL quite consistently and I'm COPD. ASV may or may not be best for UARS, PLM, etc. and/or events that aren't apnea related. Also, if you have other breathing issues like COPD, then ASV may not be the best choice as I had found out.

Again, I am not stating what device you need or don't, nor am I talking in reference to any of your symptoms in this one specific post. Just a bit of info on my knowledge of the ASV and o from a guy that used it.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Isn't Resmed's Expiratory Pressure Relief really Inspiratory Pressure Support?? Reznik 122 18,643 12-09-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  Any downside to using static pressure vs range pressure? hejohoo 6 923 09-08-2023, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  [Pressure] Pressure suggestions to reduce ear pressure? rv88 0 646 05-24-2023, 05:43 AM
Last Post: rv88
  FFM HELP: no leaks, no nose bridge pressure and no headgear pressure on back of neck? koy23 6 1,556 01-22-2023, 07:33 PM
Last Post: koy23
  Is expiratory pressure relief similar to BiPAP on lower pressure settings? drmaestro 11 3,351 05-18-2020, 01:35 PM
  [Pressure] Difference between EPAP set pressure and operational pressure brugerard 8 2,356 01-02-2020, 10:03 PM
Last Post: brugerard
Question 90% Pressure meaning & Setting Correct Pressure for Auto-CPAP dk2011 2 3,647 12-28-2018, 05:37 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.