Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

pressure plateau
RE: pressure plateau
(05-19-2020, 02:48 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: An example to help explain the machines a bit. Consider this info about machines that I gleaned on my self research. Don't worry, it's not deep.

The thing is as I understand what you're dealing with, if you allow an assumption, and if that assumption says you need a machine capable of dealing with CA as the major need. You may also have other apnea events. Today's choice is ASV. Before the ASV, the best choice was probably ST-A.

I have used a ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV for about 2.5 years. It is capable of dealing with apnea related events including OA, CA, Hypopnea, and I will also say Flow Limits as mine was near zero FL quite consistently and I'm COPD. ASV may or may not be best for UARS, PLM, etc. and/or events that aren't apnea related. Also, if you have other breathing issues like COPD, then ASV may not be the best choice as I had found out.

Again, I am not stating what device you need or don't, nor am I talking in reference to any of your symptoms in this one specific post. Just a bit of info on my knowledge of the ASV and o from a guy that used it.

Good stuff Dave thank ! I think I assume to much thank you so much for keeping me in check ! I need a kick in the pants every now and again !
Post Reply Post Reply
Anybody need to see my sleep study? your input would be appreciated. Posts 122 and 123
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-15-2020, 09:53 AM)bonjour Wrote: Ask your doctor if he can include ASV in the titration study.

I took this as a RedMed ASV period. Fred meant not a ResMed ASV, he meant "include ASV...Adaptive Servo Ventilation..as in adaptive, but it meant Bi Level was more like it. I'm an idiot. I ran with it. I'm a little slow, but maybe when I'm fully on board breathing wise I'll be more in tune. Sorry about that fellas. Thanks Dave... and Sleeprider and Fred and everybody else for bringing me up to speed.
Post Reply Post Reply
We are your friendly neighborhood Apnea Board after all. I'd stay the course on that test including ASV etc. I would want to know what machine it took to give the correct therapy without guessing. I say that as if I were in your shoes. Test as many machine modes they check boxes for. Find the results. Take appropriate action as in get the right level of ResMed.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Noted... in my note book, Dave !! Thank You !
Post Reply Post Reply
Anyone here know about brain injury that's related to Apnea ?
Post Reply Post Reply
Miboltnut I has a look at your sleep study, you had a few CA’s on it but only a low % I haven’t looked at you detailed graphs in a while and there is a lot to go over but the few I looked at the AHI due to CA’s was generally less than 2. Note CA’s are consistently inconsistent but an AHI of 2 due to CA’s is not generally sufficient to get a prescription for an ASV. Can you post a daily graph of a bad night as you need to hope you have one of these during your Titration. You may be lucky that the act of going on a BiLevel will case so many CA’s that they need to progress to an ASV but I would be prepared for that to be unlikely at this point. And you will be sent home within a Fixed BiLevel Machine such as a Resmed S or ST. Or the Philips equivalent
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-20-2020, 05:38 AM)jaswilliams Wrote: Miboltnut I has a look at your sleep study, you had a few CA’s on it but only a low % I haven’t looked at you detailed graphs in a while and there is a lot to go over but the few I looked at the AHI due to CA’s was generally less than 2. Note CA’s are consistently inconsistent but an AHI of 2 due to CA’s is not generally sufficient to get a prescription for an ASV. Can you post a daily graph of a bad night as you need to hope you have one of these during your Titration. You may be lucky that the act of going on a BiLevel will case so many CA’s that they need to progress to an ASV but I would be prepared for that to be unlikely at this point. And you will be sent home within a Fixed BiLevel Machine such as a Resmed S or ST. Or the Philips equivalent

it showed 10 for the night... on the sleep study I posted here interpretation report.

Here's last night graph...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
here's what the centrals look like expanded

Post Reply Post Reply
Here’s the summary. It shows under the respiration summary 10 CA's.... 2 per hour.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Isn't Resmed's Expiratory Pressure Relief really Inspiratory Pressure Support?? Reznik 122 19,004 12-09-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  Any downside to using static pressure vs range pressure? hejohoo 6 979 09-08-2023, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  [Pressure] Pressure suggestions to reduce ear pressure? rv88 0 667 05-24-2023, 05:43 AM
Last Post: rv88
  FFM HELP: no leaks, no nose bridge pressure and no headgear pressure on back of neck? koy23 6 1,589 01-22-2023, 07:33 PM
Last Post: koy23
  Is expiratory pressure relief similar to BiPAP on lower pressure settings? drmaestro 11 3,430 05-18-2020, 01:35 PM
  [Pressure] Difference between EPAP set pressure and operational pressure brugerard 8 2,391 01-02-2020, 10:03 PM
Last Post: brugerard
Question 90% Pressure meaning & Setting Correct Pressure for Auto-CPAP dk2011 2 3,693 12-28-2018, 05:37 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.