Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

pressure relief display vs. EPR
pressure relief display vs. EPR
Can someone explain what the option of pressure relief is when looking on the patient settings. Is it required to be on in order for epr to be used which is changed only in the clinical menu?
Very confusing. 
Also is they a feature like the s9 unit whereby it is "patient enabled" so a patient can adjust the settings without going in clinical menu ?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: pressure relief display vs. EPR
Yes pressure relief is EPR. When essentials plus is select in the clinical setup it allows the patient to set the pressure relief. You need to either turn it on to step two or turn off essentials plus.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
I'm sorry but very confused walls walla. Essentials plus what I understand is to display more data in sleep report.  
Can you please elaborate and please explain what you mean by turn it to step two.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't have a Air Sense but you should be able to turn on pressure relief and set the pressure relief to 1, 2, or 3.

Essential plus allows the patient to make limited changes to the machine and see a limited report on the machine.

If essential mode only is selected you don't get those options for the patient mode.
Download SleepyHead
Posting Charts
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry but I don't see any of those options.  Epr only activated in clinical menu.  
Still not sure what pressure relief option does in patient settings.  
Can someone who uses airsense 10 please explain?
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry I couldn't explain it better. I'll let someone else do a better job.
Download SleepyHead
Posting Charts
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Usually the "Patient" setting allows the selected option to be displayed and accessed by the patient from the "Setup" menu instead of having to access it from the Clinical menu. Some of these options include, Mask type, Hose, Ramp time, and EPR.

I hope this may help.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have essentials plus option selected, but epr is not an option in patient settings .  Only option is pressure relief and only choices are on or off.
Post Reply Post Reply
Is it on?
Download SleepyHead
Posting Charts
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, but it's not like in the clinical settings with options 1,2or 3.  Just says pressure relief with option on on or off.  I set it to on.  
Maybe in patient  settings you can't choose epr level?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  nasal congestion relief sleepingbetterinFl 2 156 03-23-2024, 01:54 PM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  OSCAR pressure readings versus BIPAP display smallhandsfeeding 0 155 02-07-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: smallhandsfeeding
  Muggzy's Therapy Thread - My quest for relief Muggzy 6 598 01-07-2024, 06:32 PM
Last Post: Muggzy
  Isn't Resmed's Expiratory Pressure Relief really Inspiratory Pressure Support?? Reznik 122 18,637 12-09-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  Any downside to using static pressure vs range pressure? hejohoo 6 922 09-08-2023, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  [Pressure] relief from high pressure sistrunk 3 381 08-20-2023, 11:14 AM
Last Post: Millstone50
  [Pressure] Pressure suggestions to reduce ear pressure? rv88 0 646 05-24-2023, 05:43 AM
Last Post: rv88

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.