Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

pressure setting not holding?
pressure setting not holding?
i changed my pressure from 5-15 to 5-12, but when I check the window on the machine in the morning it shows pressure of 13. How can that be if max pressure is set at 12????
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: pressure setting
Check settings in clinical menu has actually been changed from 15 to 12, sometimes the machine won't accept any changes if the setting are somehow locked on the SD card by the DME. Have you seen whats been reported in SleepyHead?

If all good, ask your DME for pressure check with a manometer, on the other hand, maybe our aliens friends are up to their usual tricks yet again

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-20-2014, 03:00 PM)zonk Wrote: Check settings in clinical menu has actually been changed from 15 to 12, sometimes the machine won't accept any changes if the setting are somehow locked on the SD card by the DME. Have you seen whats been reported in SleepyHead?

If all good, ask your DME for pressure check with a manometer, on the other hand, maybe our aliens friends are up to their usual tricks yet again

I don't think you can "lock" pressure settings with the SD card.

The pressure can be reset by the cellular modem, though. Does your S9 have the cell modem on it, jimvers?
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
Me have no clue but that what people say when they attempt change settings and find the only way to remove SD card or get a new card Dont-know
Post Reply Post Reply
My humble theory is the machine will change the settings based on what is on the card if they are date-time stamped later than what is on the machine. So if the card has a later date-time because of alien interference, or whatever, then the only way to effect a change would be to format the card first.
Post Reply Post Reply
All the tests that I have performed show that you can use ResScan to access the "Settings" option and then select your device that will be shown by default if you have the SD card inserted. You can then make changes to the settings in that utility and when exiting you will be asked if you want to save the changes and be warned that "all data that is now on the card will be deleted". If you select "Yes" it will wipe the card clean and copy a set of files to the card. The ResMed machine will recognize those files when you first insert it in the machine and will make you wait until it changes the setting as you have chosen. Then it will wipe the card again and copy the machine resident data files back to it to match what you previously had on the card.

With that, the changing settings mode is a one time occurrence and the card will never initiate that again unless you repeat the process. You can change the machine settings as you see fit using the access buttons to enter clinician mode and they will stick unless there is a hardware failure of some strange sort.

I also see no option to make that a "locked" function and don't believe it to be possible. I can't discount the possibility that there can be a hidden function to do that or other things that have been decided that might be useful to program into the system but without opening it up for analysis I can't say for sure. I'll just say it isn't an overt function.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-20-2014, 01:38 PM)jimvers Wrote: i changed my pressure from 5-15 to 5-12, but when I check the window on the machine in the morning it shows pressure of 13. How can that be if max pressure is set at 12????

Hi jimvers,

If you check the Maximum Pressure setting and it is indeed 12, perhaps the pressure of 13 was recorded during a sneeze or a cough?

If you install ResScan or SleepyHead and look at the data you will be able to see what happened, every breath during the whole night.

Any old obsolete Windows XP machine, laptop or desktop, can be used for ResScan or SH. A new computer is certainly not required.

If we do not have a computer of our own, we may be able to find an unused computer someone will give us or sell very cheap. (In many USA localities, it is illegal to simply throw away obsolete electronic equipment, and the electronic waste recycling centers may charge a fee for people to drop off their old equipment for recycling, so many would be happy to give away or sell cheaply their obsolete computers.)

Take care,
--- Vaughn

The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-20-2014, 01:38 PM)jimvers Wrote: i changed my pressure from 5-15 to 5-12, but when I check the window on the machine in the morning it shows pressure of 13. How can that be if max pressure is set at 12????

What exactly does it say where it says "13?" Is that "90%" pressure or some such? If so, that may be a multi day average.

You should definitely get SleepyHead and check things with that.

If you go into the clinician's menu, does it still show the pressures you set?
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-20-2014, 03:00 PM)zonk Wrote: Check settings in clinical menu has actually been changed from 15 to 12, sometimes the machine won't accept any changes if the setting are somehow locked on the SD card by the DME. Have you seen whats been reported in SleepyHead?

As for "when I check the window on the machine in the morning it shows pressure of 13"

As soon as you turn off the machine, this "window" gone in a flash in the pan
The only way to find out if that what you actually saw in the window is what ResScan or SleepyHead shows for 95th percentile and maximum pressure and of course confirm the maximum in the clinical menu whether its 12 or 15

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Not Sure if Setting Changes Helping - Help Appreciated! WiscoKate 6 151 03-25-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: WiscoKate
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,179 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  AirSense 10 Max Pressure setting Tomt 13 856 03-04-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Tomt
  Air Sense 11 - Pressure Setting goblue2024 3 425 01-10-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: dataq1
  [CPAP] Need help with setting minimum pressure for my Father. Jamie Connor 2 383 01-07-2024, 12:18 AM
Last Post: Jamie Connor
  AirSense 10 and Humidity Setting Columbiabill 16 3,001 12-12-2023, 08:06 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Mask Type Setting Mpadgett714 1 513 12-11-2023, 01:10 PM
Last Post: gainerfull

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.