Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

previously diagnosed, expertise requested for data interpretation
RE: previously diagnosed, expertise requested for data interpretation
[Image: 1KbPELrl.png]

[Image: Tb8QrrVl.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
The hypopnea is obstructive, and the CA event is of minimal duration and could be either, however there is evidence of airway restriction all around it. I think minimum pressure should increase a bit. We certainly can't determine all that might be going on from Sleepyhead data, but I suspect this will all subside on its own.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Min pressure is now at 10 and feels better. The overnight data will tell us more. I am confused why AHI was frequently below 1 and sometimes near 2 and never above 4 for quite a long time. Over this past summer numbers began to creep upward and over the last 2-3 months have frequently seen 12 to 19. Thank you for the help thus far.
Post Reply Post Reply
Did you start taking any medications 2 -3 months ago?
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
No meds.

CPAP supplies were in very rough shape with leaks at both ends of the hose, especially the hose/mask/vent connection.
Perhaps the combination of fall weather (60-63 F) room temps combined with cleaning using distilled (white) vinegar (aka 2% acetic) long term repeated (weekly) rinses eventually caused dimensional changes? The vent valve did have a strange appearance of slight partial etch/obscure/striated material when it was replaced. However replacement of everything but headgear in the last month has only returned consistent AHI 3-7, whereas previously 0.5-2 was typical.

There is a new mattress which is a little soft, and a stork will deliver a package soon.
Post Reply Post Reply
most recent data expanded to ~3 min around most significant event
[Image: QGHKMYjl.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
Similar to the last chart, there is considerable flow limitation here, however your tidal volume and other indicators of respiratory health are very good.  I can't explain the CA events, but this is a flow-limited hypopnea.  Have you tried higher EPR previously?

[Image: QGHKMYj.png]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
EPR has always been on 3 until the suggested change in this thread.
obstructive flow limited hypopnea or inspiratory flow limitation via upper airway obstruction, which should be corrected with additional pressure
user increased min pressure from 8 to 10 has initially demonstrated no significant change in flow waveform, which continues to show multiple peaks
am I understanding this correctly?
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, you have a handle on it. flow limitations and H, flatten and distort the shape on the inhale. The object isn't to get it perfect, just so it doesn't arouse you out of REM or very deep sleep. Scroll along, you should come across a nice shaped breath.
I would raise the min again to 11, which is just below your Med/median number

this is a good video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gie2dhqP2c
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
have not felt rested in many months, no dreams either, note there is not necessarily a connection between REM and dreams
Review of sleepyhead data for ~90 nights shows CA events range from 0-106 with majority of nights having 25-45 CA events

As for the min pressure I went to 9 last night because of perceived intense pressure at 10 and it seemed there were more mask leaks, (although it may have been my perception), the mask requires a tighter fit to eliminate leaks and leaves the compression marks on the bridge of nose, low cheeks and chin.

Am I needing a BPAP for effective treatment?
    [Image: dlWvUZ5h.png]

[Image: qbs6sKih.png]
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Smile Questions for newly diagnosed Schernenk 22 381 3 hours ago
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Just Diagnosed - Advice Required on What to Purchase Dazkd1969 0 59 Yesterday, 12:06 PM
Last Post: Dazkd1969
  Diagnosed with SA 70AHI Newbie2024 16 386 03-19-2024, 09:12 AM
Last Post: Newbie2024
  First time looking at graphs interpretation help smallhandsfeeding 1 244 03-11-2024, 08:12 AM
Last Post: jdavis
  Only CAs on Oscar but diagnosed with OSA - 2 months CPAP and no improvement 444zane3 4 292 03-07-2024, 02:06 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  APAP Trial - First Night's Results - Interpretation? Juicy 9 4,178 03-04-2024, 09:34 AM
Last Post: colethegamer
Smile How is my OSCAR data looking? Help with interpretation deirdrepen 3 228 02-29-2024, 07:24 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.