Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

previously owned machine and its SD card - erase?
previously owned machine and its SD card - erase?
Good evening, all -

I'm brand new...so new that I haven't even used my machine yet :-) I bought a lightly-used Airsense 10 Autoset from a friend, which came with the ResMed SD card. Do I need to erase his data from the card, or should I just keep using it as is? Does it make a difference, since I'm not going through insurance?

Thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: previously owned machine and its SD card - erase?
Erase machine data before using the machine so only the data belong to you displayed on the machine and on the SD card
When data is erased, the machine also erase the data on the card, providing the SD card was inserted in the machine while doing so

Formatting the SD card doesn't helps much (without erasing machine data) because as soon as you insert the SD card in the machine,
the machine write some of the old data back on the SD card up to a year
Instructions shown here http://www.apneaboard.com/resmed-airsens...setup-info and how to get the clinical manual
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the quick reply.

The card has a folder called DATALOG, with subfolders for each date. Then there is another folder called SETTINGS, which contains a bunch of .crc, .tgt, and .log files. There are probably 40 files, but they are all from the same date. Then there are three other files: identification.crc, identification.tgt, and STR.edf.

I assume I delete all of the subfolders in DATALOG, but not sure about the rest of it. Any advice?
Post Reply Post Reply
First, erase the data on the machine. See the screenshots in Zonk's link. Then, erase everything on the SD card. The machine will put back any files it needs. The easiest way to erase everything is a reformat.
Post Reply Post Reply
Perfect. Thank you so much!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oscar cannot read SD card and SD card cannot be read by PC BlueSky1958 1 643 08-21-2023, 06:41 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Oscar cannot read card - card cannot be read by PC BlueSky1958 3 552 08-21-2023, 01:02 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Transfering FlashAir card to new machine. foxfire 1 494 04-30-2023, 10:21 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Loaded wrong SD Card in CPAP Machine SideSleeper 6 754 03-31-2023, 11:57 PM
Last Post: SideSleeper
  ResMed-2 sessions short 2nd useful- Break to long/Card out of machine to soon. KeepSmiling 5 676 11-18-2022, 07:19 PM
Last Post: KeepSmiling
  Accidentally deleted data from SD card, is it still on machine? theredheadsaid 5 2,417 09-17-2022, 09:52 AM
Last Post: pholynyk
  CMS50F USB-C HW 2.0.0 FW 2.0.7 not recognized--previously was PurchanceToDream 4 574 08-31-2022, 04:57 PM
Last Post: Jeff8356

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.