Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

prices the same for all suppliers???
prices the same for all suppliers???
I'm looking for replacement parts (headgear + clips) for a Resmed nasal mask. I was surprised to see all suppliers sell for exactly the same price. The head strap is $31US and the clips another $11US - if I buy online (prices from local suppliers are much higher). Clearly, prices are arbitrarily set high to discourage replacement. If I was a betting man, I would wager Resmed makes all suppliers sign an agreement that eliminates competition and competitive pricing. So it is probably futile to ask the following question. Have any members of this site come across an online supplier that does not charge an arm and a leg for replacements parts?

Cheers,

Ian

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: prices the same for all suppliers???
Very true. ResMed does make suppliers sign a pricing agreement. You can sometimes get good deals on eBay, for instance I purchased 5 mask cushions for $50 total, and 2 headgear for under $20 each. You would have to lurk on eBay to get deals like that, and buy them when the deal is good, not when you need replacements.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi i00b,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Maybe they ought to fix prices in Australia too so we don,t get rip-off
I pay US $29 for a mask cushion, locally about 3 times higher .. Shame on them
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-30-2013, 02:37 PM)zonk Wrote: Maybe they ought to fix prices in Australia too so we don,t get rip-off
I pay US $29 for a mask cushion, locally about 3 times higher .. Shame on them

I couldn't agree with you more Zonk

I'm not a Doctor but a fan of The Doctor. any views,comments etc are my own

Post Reply Post Reply
Sounds like another example of a comfortable arrangement between manufacturers and suppliers to keep prices high. But then, when has health care ever been about end-user health? To bad we could not mobilize members of sites such as this to 'negotiate' prices that are also favorable for end users.

Cheers,

Ian
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Recommendations for national suppliers? HenryBowman 2 388 01-04-2024, 09:51 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Airsense 10 with modem safe from suppliers? HappySailor 3 766 07-02-2023, 12:54 AM
Last Post: HappySailor
  Mask prices to good to be true ?? sauerkraut 11 1,033 03-25-2023, 12:19 PM
Last Post: sauerkraut
  do all listed suppliers accept insurance for accessories, masks, etc hELpMePls2023 4 570 01-22-2023, 02:27 PM
Last Post: Lucid
  Supply prices - Is there price fixing? sansnap 6 962 12-25-2022, 10:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  The prices on my supplies have gone up 125% 17WRX 4 890 01-20-2022, 03:39 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Resmed AirView registration by online suppliers? orand 10 3,688 03-22-2021, 01:20 PM
Last Post: staceyburke

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.