Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

problem
problem
hello from Italy , my name is stefano . I ' using a cpap resmed s9 pressure 13 , for about a year and I have 60 apneas per hour . at this time I was' inflated gingiva and wanted to know if 'already ' happened to someone . thank you
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: problem
(04-04-2015, 11:58 PM)papaste Wrote: hello from Italy , my name is stefano . I ' using a cpap resmed s9 pressure 13 , for about a year and I have 60 apneas per hour . at this time I was' inflated gingiva and wanted to know if 'already ' happened to someone . thank you

Hi stefano,
Welcome to the apnea board.
I would make an appointment with a dentist ASAP for this problem. Or call your sleep doctor and get a referral. This could be due to dry mouth. Are you using a humidifier? If so, turn it up. You may be mouth breathing which will cause terrible dry mouth and affect teeth and gums. Have you tried using a chin strap?

Are you saying that your current AHI is 60 per hour, or that's what it was when first diagnosed?
OpalRose
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
60 ahi was before use of CPAP
no, do not use a chin strap and not use a humidifier
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi papaste,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Use the humidifier and a chinstrap and see if that helps you with your dry mouth.
Much success to you as you continue your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I would try a humidifier and a chin strap, and also make sure you're well hydrated.
Post Reply Post Reply
+1 to the humidifier and chinstrap. Best remedy being prevention!

for the current situation, certainly make a dentist appt - you do not want to lose teeth! but some things that may help are a saline rinse, saline + xylitol rinse, or an oral peroxide rinse. I put just saline first, because you surely have access to both salt and water Smile Need about 1/4 to 1/2 tsp per cup of warm water. If you can get your hands on xylitol add about 1 tbsp per cup of warm water, it really helps to rid your mouth (or nose) of harmful bacteria.
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-04-2015, 11:58 PM)papaste Wrote: hello from Italy , my name is stefano . I ' using a cpap resmed s9 pressure 13 , for about a year and I have 60 apneas per hour . at this time I was' inflated gingiva and wanted to know if 'already ' happened to someone . thank you

Its almost certain your teeth are being attacked by the concentration of your mouth acid due to the drying out of your mouth as you sleep. This is a very common problem for patients using nasal or nasal pillows masks. Some say it's "mouth breathing", I prefer to describe it as "therapy air exhausting orally". Whatever its called, the result is air leaking via your mouth dries the saliva and concentrates the normal acid levels of the mouth which then attacks teeth, gums & any tissue damaged by eating.To my mind the solution is to change to a full face mask. Try adding a humidifier & chin strap & if that doesn't work, try a FFM. Good luck with your therapy.
P.S. When you brush your teeth, do not rinse away the toothpaste. It is alkaline & will help to neutralize the mouth acid.
[Image: signature.png]Keep on breathin'
Post Reply Post Reply
ok , thank you all for the advice .
but what is that ' a FFM ?
rinsing with water and salt should be done at night before going to bed ?? thx
Post Reply Post Reply
FFM = Full Face Mask. (seems to me that wouldnt help, but I have only used nasal pillows so am not the expert....

rinsing should be done about 1 hour before bed, ideally. Make sure to dry it well, after with some good swift snorting action.
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

Post Reply Post Reply
ok thanks , I'd try a nasal pillow . April 16 I have a new examination of sleep, I will talk ' with the pulmonologist . in italy evidence of sleep should be done every 6 months you need to renew your driver's license
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,564 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 19 26,330 03-05-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Ailyhsaun
  Are these flow limits my problem? k888 87 5,466 02-26-2024, 12:02 PM
Last Post: k888
  [Treatment] Are leaks the problem or do I need BIPAP? TiredDude 3 331 02-22-2024, 07:52 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Is my leak rate a problem? Kevstuf 5 550 02-08-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Kevstuf
  If nasal congestion is a problem, will this show in my AHI? canigetawitness1992 4 391 01-29-2024, 09:20 PM
Last Post: RNeil
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 228 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.