Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

problems with moisture in mask
problems with moisture in mask
I have an S9 Resmed with a heated tube and no matter how I set the temperature for humidification, moisture seeps into my mask and keeps waking me up. I get up several times a night to change the mask. I've tried lowering the temperature to no avail. Last nite I shut off the epr and it seemed a little better. Does that make any sense.

Harold
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: problems with moisture in mask
Hi hgpolo,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for suggestions to help you with your problem and best of luck to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I have the same machine and set up. I know I don't have this problem if I go back to not using the heated hose or humidifier. You might try this and see if it stops this.

I'm new so I'm having to try this and that to get get my end results.

Good luck.
Post Reply Post Reply
EPR got nothing to do with the humidifier. If you,re using the heated hose (climateline) on auto mode, you can adjust temperature to your preference while protecting against rainout

ClimateLine user instructions http://www.resmed.com/au/assets/document...lo_eng.pdf

Moisture in the mask is from your breath condense in the mask especially if the room air is cold. Warming the air in the room and hose cosy may helps, mask liner also helps absorb some of the moisture

Post Reply Post Reply
I can only speak about my short experience. Hanging the hose above my head basically eliminated any moisture getting to my mask. I did not adjust the machine settings so it must have been the positioning of the hose.

Good luck.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi there i am new to the forum, i had this problem myself it was driving me crazy, i bought an after market heater tube from sleep zone.

as this is a dedicated heater tube it fits in place of your original one.
it works a treat, no more 'RAINOUT" as they call it.

good luck.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi itizmeagain,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-08-2014, 07:25 PM)itizmeagain Wrote: Hi there i am new to the forum, i had this problem myself it was driving me crazy, i bought an after market heater tube from sleep zone.

as this is a dedicated heater tube it fits in place of your original one.
it works a treat, no more 'RAINOUT" as they call it.

good luck.
Hi itizmeagain, welcome aboard
Sleep Zone (Aussie heated hose) works with machines without the heated hose option
Both S9 and PRS1 (60 series) comes with the heated hose option and don,t need separate power supply
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes mine has a heater hose supplied with it, which isn't very good it just doesn't "cut the mustard"
thats why i opted for the sleep zone hose, never had problem again when using it in the cooler months.
very good investment.

i had to get the hose with its power supply which is a hassle, but working on a controller so it will only come on when temperature is low and moisture becomes a problem.

during the warmer months its not required though.
Post Reply Post Reply
I find if I set my S9 Elite to 80 degrees it stops all rainout. The S9 and Climateline will only stop Rainout when placed in Climate Control "Auto" mode.
See Set Up manuals HERE.

Coffee
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] PRISMA SMART MAX PROBLEMS WITH SOFTPAP LEVEL 2 rretamalt 18 2,015 03-19-2024, 06:17 PM
Last Post: motivationalGust
  [Equipment] ResMed Airtouch F20 Cushion cleaning with drool problems. Funkmonkey 2 172 03-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Funkmonkey
  Anything can be done for baby with breathing problems Ptee8899 3 222 02-11-2024, 11:30 PM
Last Post: eok361
  Moisture with Brevida Nasal Pillows Columbiabill 2 357 12-26-2023, 02:04 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Positional Apnea Problems ggibson 13 1,852 11-20-2023, 07:28 AM
Last Post: Jarlo
  CPAP since March 22, still dealing with aerophagia, wakings, and heart rate problems manacles 16 2,568 10-01-2023, 11:16 PM
Last Post: manacles
  CPAP Problems for People with Large Lung Capacity? AquaMan 7 999 09-17-2023, 03:32 PM
Last Post: quiescence at last

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.