Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

problems with nasal irrigation
Question 
problems with nasal irrigation
Hello! I'm new here. I've been using my CPAP for about 9 months now. I've been having a lot of problems with nasal congestion. I use a corticosteroid nasal spray, and I've tried antihistamines and decongestants.

After reading some of the posts here I decided to try nasal irrigation. I hated it at first but it works great. The problem I'm having now is that even if I do it a few hours before I go to bed, I still get water leaking out of my nose in the middle of the night. Does anyone have any advice on how to deal with that?

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: problems with nasal irrigation
Hi nibbles,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for suggestions and best of luck to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-25-2014, 10:59 AM)nibbles Wrote: The problem I'm having now is that even if I do it a few hours before I go to bed, I still get water leaking out of my nose in the middle of the night. Does anyone have any advice on how to deal with that?
I use the bottle and blow my nose afterwards, no problem
As for congestion, increase humidity may helps, for some the opposite is true
I use climate line on auto, seem to helps somewhat
Do you wake up with dry mouth too

Post Reply Post Reply
Water gets trapped in the nooks and crannies of our sinus cavities and passageways. Everyone's anatomy is different, so we are all affected by this differently. Also, the more open the passageways, the easier it is for the water to enter.

When you alter the orientation of your head, the water can leak out. The only suggestion I have is to find out which orientation works for you. If I bend over and try to reach something in the back of the lower kitchen cabinet, the water leaks out. You could try lying on your side for few minutes and see if the water comes out.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Blow hard, real hard. It all comes out, and lean forward, btw....
Post Reply Post Reply
Neti Pots video http://www.apneaboard.com/Neti_pot.htm

NeilMed sinus rinse video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LW9mvVe7Mk4
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] PRISMA SMART MAX PROBLEMS WITH SOFTPAP LEVEL 2 rretamalt 18 2,015 03-19-2024, 06:17 PM
Last Post: motivationalGust
  Nasal irrigation sleepingbetterinFl 8 326 03-11-2024, 10:50 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  [Equipment] ResMed Airtouch F20 Cushion cleaning with drool problems. Funkmonkey 2 172 03-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Funkmonkey
  Anything can be done for baby with breathing problems Ptee8899 3 222 02-11-2024, 11:30 PM
Last Post: eok361
Question [Equipment] Fullface or Nasal? Jose Castro 10 866 01-17-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Positional Apnea Problems ggibson 13 1,852 11-20-2023, 07:28 AM
Last Post: Jarlo
  CPAP since March 22, still dealing with aerophagia, wakings, and heart rate problems manacles 16 2,568 10-01-2023, 11:16 PM
Last Post: manacles

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.