Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

problems with software Oscar [resolved, see post #2]
problems with software Oscar [resolved, see post #2]
Hi, I'm a new entry. I have been using CPAP for about 20 days and it seems to me that it is going well. I tried to download the Oscar software on two computers without success, the installation program runs correctly but then when I launch the program a warning comes out saying "access denied". Can you help me please?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: problems with software Oscar
We know of two situations that can cause this:

1) Your anti-virus program thinks OSCAR is an unknown program and won't allow it to write to disk. This has been reported recently with AVG anti-virus. Check your settings and mark OSCAR as an allowed program, or whatever your anti-virus takes to let it work.

2) Permissions for the Documents directory could be set to disallow creating new directories or files. If that is the problem, you will need to change the permissions for the Documents directory at least long enough for OSCAR to run once or else create your OSCAR_Data file in some directory other than Documents.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the quick reply! I will try to follow your advice. I will do it as soon as I have some time to do things with the necessary peace of mind
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, I followed your advice and managed to install and open Oscar; I created my profile and now I will try to familiarize myself with the program to understand what information it can give me.

Thanks again
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Software support for the Astral 150? Peashee888 11 637 8 hours ago
Last Post: PappaJoe
  [split] OSCAR v1.5.2 is Install Problems millerdq 1 62 03-27-2024, 03:29 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  problem downloading OSCAR SOFTWARE Bailey104 1 91 03-15-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 437 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Software/app for Lowenstein Prisma SmartPlus w/o NHS knowing Ploppy 3 1,011 12-21-2023, 10:01 AM
Last Post: Ploppy
  PC Software RchiAiki 13 1,208 12-20-2023, 11:51 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Need urgent Software for Yuwell YH-580 WilliamVasquez 12 4,108 12-19-2023, 01:08 AM
Last Post: VankoGo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.