Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

pulled the cpap off the dresser and onto my head
pulled the cpap off the dresser and onto my head
a couple of nights ago, i managed to pull the cpap off the dresser ~ 4:00am ... and onto my head. Tried to drowsily put it back on and it wouldn't run. Turned on the light and found that the humidifier water was mainly in the hose!!!

I emptied the hose, swung it around my head a couple times and dried off the end, put it back together and went back to sleep! I consider myself VERY lucky that the machine seems not to have been affected and no water into the motor side!!!

What do others do to prevent cpap-on-head?
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: pulled the cpap off the dresser and onto my head
Never mount it higher than your head. I have a 2 drawer next to my bed, and the top is just below mattress level.
And, don't pull on the hose. For some reason, I don't change positions during sleep. Perhaps because it's too much work!

If you don't care about the surface of your dresser, you could us a piece of Aluminum angle to make a barrier.
I'd make a cutout for the H5i port.

Retired_Guy uses Duct tape.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
ah, yes duct tape! I can see that Big Grin

duct tape is like the force. it has a light side and a dark side, and it holds the universe together

i was picturing a rolltop desk with a slit for hoses and a pull forward tray. a drawer beneath, and a cupboard the right size for 2 gallons of distilled water at the bottom.
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

Post Reply Post Reply
Dresser drawer that you leave open while CPAP in use.

If you leave it out, there's heavy duty Velcro. That's what I am going to do if/when I ever get home. Lowe's or Home Depot has some great pieces that would work. Just try different strengths first and see how difficult they are to get undone. I once used a heavy duty type on something and had to use a lever to get the object off my workbench.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
works great for me.
[link removed] Perdue Woodworks CPAP Nightstand

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed

To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites. This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules. Take the time to read the rules again.
For free Medicare assistance for your state check out this page. http://www.seniorsresourceguide.com/dire...onal/SHIP/
or here http://www.medicareinteractive.org/
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-10-2015, 07:00 PM)DariaVader Wrote: a couple of nights ago, i managed to pull the cpap off the dresser ~ 4:00am ... and onto my head. Tried to drowsily put it back on and it wouldn't run. Turned on the light and found that the humidifier water was mainly in the hose!!!
. . .

Hi DV,
This won't address the height issue, but many places sell a high-friction waffle-weave foam material, often sold as "shelf-liner". I have also seen thicker forms of this for holding workpieces on top of a workbench, holding cartop luggage carriers, etc. This stuff makes it quite difficult to slide items, especially if they have enough weight.
A.Becker
PAPing in NE Ohio, with a pack of Cairn terriers
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-10-2015, 07:40 PM)Mike1953 Wrote: works great for me.
[link removed]

I like it. I can even keep my Glock close at hand.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
You could try those rubber peel and stick bumpers under the machine in the four corners, I do like that rubber mat option too.
The fairway dresser looks like a Cadillac and half price too.
Let us know what you come up with.Okay
Coffee

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-10-2015, 07:14 PM)justMongo Wrote: Never mount it higher than your head. I have a 2 drawer next to my bed, and the top is just below mattress level.
And, don't pull on the hose. For some reason, I don't change positions during sleep. Perhaps because it's too much work!

If you don't care about the surface of your dresser, you could us a piece of Aluminum angle to make a barrier.
I'd make a cutout for the H5i port.

Retired_Guy uses Duct tape.

Ah yes; Duct tape...I would use that as well.
Evpraxia in the Pacific Northwest USA
Diagnosed: 44 AHI when supine, O2 down to 82%
Treated since 20 Sept 2014:: 0.7 AHI, Settings 7-15, EPR on Full Time at Level 3
Better living through CPAP/APAP machines!
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-10-2015, 08:03 PM)justMongo Wrote:
(02-10-2015, 07:40 PM)Mike1953 Wrote: works great for me.
[link removed]

I like it. I can even keep my Glock close at hand.

and a box of extra clips
For free Medicare assistance for your state check out this page. http://www.seniorsresourceguide.com/dire...onal/SHIP/
or here http://www.medicareinteractive.org/
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Anyone with head strap padding they love? UKFan643 1 257 02-02-2024, 06:01 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
Question Top of the head tubing connection problems GaspForAir 2 462 09-05-2023, 06:09 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
  Elevated head of bed increases CA and AHI silverdr 1 678 09-05-2023, 10:57 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  DIY idea to stop itching and rash back of head? okieman 15 11,056 05-16-2023, 02:55 PM
Last Post: Xltrod
  Head cold Barbara.Levitan 2 597 03-10-2023, 11:23 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Waking Up After ~90 Minutes with Strange Head Sensation MickTravis 3 779 01-20-2023, 10:49 PM
Last Post: ewriter
  P30i pulsating/hammering on my head koy23 0 522 12-19-2022, 04:32 PM
Last Post: koy23

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.