Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

pulled the cpap off the dresser and onto my head
RE: pulled the cpap off the dresser and onto my head
(02-12-2015, 02:00 PM)Homerec130 Wrote: You know, while you are at it, you could design a headboard that you could put the machine and and then during the day have everything out of the way. With just a headboard, hubby may be happy and allow his feet to go off the end. We could never get rid of our footboard as the cats like to sit on it and stare at us. Smile

BTW, if you ever share your house with siamese cats, you will never do anything alone again. And I mean EVERYTHING. Big Grin

Homer

as tempting as that thought is, a headboard with any kind of cabinet in it would make our very long bed even longer.... bedroom is sizable, but not shaped right for that Big Grin We have talked about a pillow topped chest at the end of the bed - same issue - plus if the feet weren't hanging down over the edge he might not feel right at all!!!
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
You can simply put a hook on the wall then attach the hose to it with some sort of bungee or rubber band. Or even string. Headboard isn't necessary.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
or if you are designing something, maybe incorporate a drone into it, then you will not need a ceiling fan.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-12-2015, 05:16 PM)quiescence at last Wrote: or if you are designing something, maybe incorporate a drone into it, then you will not need a ceiling fan.

don't need no stinkin fan, (i hate wind on me when sleeping) but a solar battery to run it all thru.... Big Grin
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

Post Reply Post Reply
(02-10-2015, 08:03 PM)justMongo Wrote:
(02-10-2015, 07:40 PM)Mike1953 Wrote: works great for me.
[link removed]

I like it. I can even keep my Glock close at hand.

I too always have my Glock close by! Mike, they are mags not clips! Something to hold the hose above your head will help. I use the CozyHoze Boss. It works great!
Post Reply Post Reply
I decided to get fancy with the wifes and my machines. Mines on an old toy box about foot below the bed and hers is on a upside down milk crateLaugh-a-lot

We have one of the old fashioned steel frame beds. The head of it is steel also and rounds down at the sides so hooking hoses up there wasnt possible until again I got high tech.

Took a heavy duty zip tie and put one on each side of the steel head frame with the stiff excess sticking up. Big Grin Loop the hose over that and it stays put but if to much pressure like a yank on it itll pop off giving another foot and half of slack before moving the machines. Plus good yank on the mask as it does which will wake us up.

Nothing one cant do with zip ties duct tape, milk crates, velcro. Hect they supposedly went and landed on the moon in a rig held together with velcro. Should hold a cpap machine down Dielaughing
Post Reply Post Reply
If you do put the machine inside an enclosure of some kind, you might want to consider what would happen if the humidifier leaks. Make sure it's not going to rot some wood, grow mold, or collect and drown the machine.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-12-2015, 11:33 PM)Regular Joe Wrote:
(02-10-2015, 08:03 PM)justMongo Wrote:
(02-10-2015, 07:40 PM)Mike1953 Wrote: works great for me.
[link removed]

I like it. I can even keep my Glock close at hand.

I too always have my Glock close by! Mike, they are mags not clips! Something to hold the hose above your head will help. I use the CozyHoze Boss. It works great!

COLT 7 ROUND 1911 .45 CLIP for my 1911 COLT. Notice it is called CLIP! IMHO
For free Medicare assistance for your state check out this page. http://www.seniorsresourceguide.com/dire...onal/SHIP/
or here http://www.medicareinteractive.org/
Post Reply Post Reply
My hubby started using a CPAP, "the brick", in 2003 and got his current APAP in 2014. He has never pulled his machine off the nightstand at home, nor off the milk crate stand when we spent a month traveling in our motorhome. He HAS pulled the hose off the mask once or twice.

Our APAPs sit a few inches below the top of the mattress and, so far, we have not noticed any movement. No duck tape or velcro, etc. But, if we noticed any movement at all we would probably try a bungee cord or duck tape then velcro.
Evpraxia in the Pacific Northwest USA
Diagnosed: 44 AHI when supine, O2 down to 82%
Treated since 20 Sept 2014:: 0.7 AHI, Settings 7-15, EPR on Full Time at Level 3
Better living through CPAP/APAP machines!
Post Reply Post Reply
Ghost is most definitely an engineer. I recognize the tools of the trade, including the engineering tape. At least that's what we call it.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Anyone with head strap padding they love? UKFan643 1 257 02-02-2024, 06:01 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
Question Top of the head tubing connection problems GaspForAir 2 462 09-05-2023, 06:09 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
  Elevated head of bed increases CA and AHI silverdr 1 678 09-05-2023, 10:57 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  DIY idea to stop itching and rash back of head? okieman 15 11,054 05-16-2023, 02:55 PM
Last Post: Xltrod
  Head cold Barbara.Levitan 2 597 03-10-2023, 11:23 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Waking Up After ~90 Minutes with Strange Head Sensation MickTravis 3 775 01-20-2023, 10:49 PM
Last Post: ewriter
  P30i pulsating/hammering on my head koy23 0 520 12-19-2022, 04:32 PM
Last Post: koy23

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.