Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

pulled the cpap off the dresser and onto my head
RE: pulled the cpap off the dresser and onto my head
Buy 3M command Cord Bundler -2 pack from Amazon. Use them both to tether the hose on the wall, near the machine end. Make sure that on the machine end, the hose is initially routed more vertically than horizontally (its harder to pull the machine off the dresser than to drag it across). You may use more of the same to route it over your head in your sleeping position.
PRS1 Auto & Dreamstation Auto w/ P10 and straight pressure of 8cm
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-13-2015, 02:30 PM)quiescence at last Wrote: Ghost is most definitely an engineer. I recognize the tools of the trade, including the engineering tape. At least that's what we call it.

Wished I was QAl. But alas Im not. A disabled over the road trucker and heavy equipment operator for the most part.

But back in the day of the older road rigs, zip ties, duct tape, velcro and a pair of vice grips has gotten me home many times vs sitting beside the road 1000 miles from home . Same with my motorcycles Grin

Post Reply Post Reply
(02-10-2015, 09:24 PM)Mike1953 Wrote: and a box of extra clips

They are called magazines. "Clips" only apply to the en-bloc 8 round clip for the M1 Garand Rifle and stripper clips used to charge some military arms such as the Enfield No4 or the Springfield M1903.

(02-14-2015, 01:09 AM)Ghost1958 Wrote:
(02-13-2015, 02:30 PM)quiescence at last Wrote: Ghost is most definitely an engineer. I recognize the tools of the trade, including the engineering tape. At least that's what we call it.

Wished I was QAl. But alas Im not. A disabled over the road trucker and heavy equipment operator for the most part.

But back in the day of the older road rigs, zip ties, duct tape, velcro and a pair of vice grips has gotten me home many times vs sitting beside the road 1000 miles from home . Same with my motorcycles Grin

In Mississippi they use a large C-clamp; and just clamp the PAP to a cable reel that's used as a nightstand.Dielaughing
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Many folk who have a fantasy playroom in their home should have the same gear Whistle

Post Reply Post Reply
I did it too
I did it too. A couple of years ago. Got a pair of adjustable 1/4 x 24 or 30" bungee cords at Home Depot or Lowes. Travel every where. Never found a hotel night stand where I couldn't adjust them to fit. Get big plastic hooks on the end. They will hook under the edges of most nightstands, otherwise you can make one cord out of two and wrap it around the entire night stand. Add a two inch wide Velcro patch stuck to the top of the unit and place a cord between the Velcro pieces and it is rock solid -- can't slip off. This sounds complicated but it is easier done than said. I would not like to damage the furniture finish with duck tape, but then I never even thought of that.
Post Reply Post Reply
"They are called magazines. "Clips" only apply to the en-bloc 8 round clip for the M1 Garand Rifle and stripper clips used to charge some military arms such as the Enfield No4 or the Springfield M1903."

^^This! You can call 'em what you want, but they are mags!
Post Reply Post Reply
I realize this thread is a month old, but I laughed. I pulled my machine off the night table the other night while sleeping. Just rolled over, and then rolled again. I'm not sure who was more shaken, the husband from the noise, or the dog it landed on. They both gave me the same accusatory look, followed by an exasperated eyeroll.

Post Reply Post Reply
I ended up with one of those $7 hose poles that seats in the mattress. It is between the cpap and the bed and keeps the cpap from scooting off the table Big Grin
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-13-2015, 10:06 AM)DariaVader Wrote: I ended up with one of those $7 hose poles that seats in the mattress. It is between the cpap and the bed and keeps the cpap from scooting off the table Big Grin

That's what I use and my cpap hasn't budged on the nightstand.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-13-2015, 10:06 AM)DariaVader Wrote: I ended up with one of those $7 hose poles that seats in the mattress. It is between the cpap and the bed and keeps the cpap from scooting off the table Big Grin

Those darned CPAPs they scoot all over the place unless you tether them. Maybe you should quit feeding your CPAP all of those vitamins. Dont-know Oh-jeez Dielaughing

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Anyone with head strap padding they love? UKFan643 1 257 02-02-2024, 06:01 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
Question Top of the head tubing connection problems GaspForAir 2 461 09-05-2023, 06:09 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
  Elevated head of bed increases CA and AHI silverdr 1 677 09-05-2023, 10:57 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  DIY idea to stop itching and rash back of head? okieman 15 11,052 05-16-2023, 02:55 PM
Last Post: Xltrod
  Head cold Barbara.Levitan 2 597 03-10-2023, 11:23 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Waking Up After ~90 Minutes with Strange Head Sensation MickTravis 3 774 01-20-2023, 10:49 PM
Last Post: ewriter
  P30i pulsating/hammering on my head koy23 0 519 12-19-2022, 04:32 PM
Last Post: koy23

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.