Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

purchasing machine
Question 
purchasing machine
I am going to purchase resmed s9.
My question is how do I know that I am getting new machine.
I am getting from the same place I am renting my machine.
Also it could be old stock, any suggestions would be welcomed.

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: purchasing machine
(04-08-2014, 06:17 PM)libbyau Wrote: I am going to purchase resmed s9.
My question is how do I know that I am getting new machine. I am getting from the same place I am renting my machine. Also it could be old stock, any suggestions would be welcomed.

I note you are in Australia, so my first reaction is that you may find the prices outrageous compared to the cost of buying from a US supplier. Many recommend Supplier #2 (see Supplier list, link at the top of the page here).

As for whether it is used or new, I believe there is a way to see the total number of hours the machine has been used, but I can't remember exactly how.

Changing the subject, I note in your profile that you are not using software because you have a Mac. I recommend that you install SleepyHead, which runs fine on Macs and is compatible with the Resmed S9. Somewhere on Apnea Board there is a link to the download page at Sourceforge.
Post Reply Post Reply
My question is how do I know that I am getting new machine.
I am getting from the same place I am renting my machine.
Also it could be old stock, any suggestions would be welcomed.

Thanks

The one thing that cannot be reset to zero is the "run hours" used.
You press the i button and rotate the knob until you see "run hours" -- a zero hour machine is new.

Look at the serial number... the first two digits tell where it was made, 23 is Singapore.
Then look at the 3rd and 4th digit, they are the year of manufacture. 13 would be 2013

[Image: RESMEDS9005.jpg]
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-08-2014, 06:40 PM)JJJ Wrote: I recommend that you install SleepyHead, which runs fine on Macs and is compatible with the Resmed S9. Somewhere on Apnea Board there is a link to the download page at Sourceforge.

SleepyHead build for Macs:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/sleepyhe...%20Builds/

Smile
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-08-2014, 06:40 PM)JJJ Wrote:
My question is how do I know that I am getting new machine. I am getting from the same place I am renting my machine. Also it could be old stock, any suggestions would be welcomed.

I note you are in Australia, so my first reaction is that you may find the prices outrageous compared to the cost of buying from a US supplier. Many recommend Supplier #2 (see Supplier list, link at the top of the page here).

As for whether it is used or new, I believe there is a way to see the total number of hours the machine has been used, but I can't remember exactly how.

Changing the subject, I note in your profile that you are not using software because you have a Mac. I recommend that you install SleepyHead, which runs fine on Macs and is compatible with the Resmed S9. Somewhere on Apnea Board there is a link to the download page at Sourceforge.

Thanks for your reply. Yes resmed is expensive but cant do much about that if I want to buy it here with warranty.mask and part I could buy on net but not machine.

Post Reply Post Reply
Libby my Resmed came sealed in a factory carton and pretty obviously had not been previously opened. If you have any doubts ask them to show you the total hours reading - it should be zero.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-08-2014, 07:01 PM)libbyau Wrote: Thanks for your reply. Yes resmed is expensive but cant do much about that if I want to buy it here with warranty.mask and part I could buy on net but not machine.[/size]

Check and compare prices, prices in Australia come down., if you have health insurance extra cover, you can get some rebate on the machine (Bupa $500). Most on-line suppliers have a shop front stores where you can collect the machine
As justMongo pointed out, the serial number gives a clue of data and country of manufacturer (22 Australia) and you want the latest currant software version
There is an extra year warranty when you join ResMed program and anther 2 years for added cost $$$

I like to see the machine in sealed unopened original box and they take out of the box in front of me so I can be sure getting a new machine not sitting somewhere collecting dust or someone else breathe into it

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-08-2014, 07:01 PM)libbyau Wrote:
(04-08-2014, 06:40 PM)JJJ Wrote:

Thanks for your reply. Yes resmed is expensive but cant do much about that if I want to buy it here with warranty.mask and part I could buy on net but not machine.

(04-08-2014, 07:58 PM)zonk Wrote:
(04-08-2014, 07:01 PM)libbyau Wrote: Thanks for your reply. Yes resmed is expensive but cant do much about that if I want to buy it here with warranty.mask and part I could buy on net but not machine.[/size]

Check and compare prices, prices in Australia come down., if you have health insurance extra cover, you can get some rebate on the machine (Bupa $500). Most on-line suppliers have a shop front stores where you can collect the machine
As justMongo pointed out, the serial number gives a clue of data and country of manufacturer (22 Australia) and you want the latest currant software version
There is an extra year warranty when you join ResMed program and anther 2 years for added cost $$$

I like to see the machine in sealed unopened original box and they take out of the box in front of me so I can be sure getting a new machine not sitting somewhere collecting dust or someone else breathe into it

I am getting my from shop in surry hills well known company no 13
Yes, with a 5 year warranty included on the machine!

Resmed S9 Autoset CPAP machine $2,099

H5i Humidifier plus a ClimateZone tube $349

Travel Bag, manuals, & standard lightweight tube included
Extra filter pack $6 SD card to record your nightly result included ResScan1 Download software
5 year extended warranty on your machine2

PLUS, our special package bonus

ANY mask we stock - pillows, nasal or full face $299

Our price for everything
$2,349 - $200 rental = $2,149

do you think it is a good deal?

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi libbyau, have a look on gumtree,
BRAND NEW ResMed S9 AutoSet CPAP w/ H5i Humidifier & ClimateLine $1,250.00

edit, that one is in in Sydney

edit 2, I doubt that you would have problems with a breakdown, but if you did then warranty might be a problem with the $1,250.00 one, it is ex US
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-09-2014, 12:05 AM)comatose Wrote: edit 2, I doubt that you would have problems with a breakdown, but if you did then warranty might be a problem with the $1,250.00 one, it is ex US
You could buy it direct from US, cheaper and comes with 2 years warranty but machine have to be sent back for any warranty issues
Personally, I don,t have such problem purchasing machine and anything else from US but some do especially if they need local support but for me, this forum is my local support group YMMV

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to CPAP- Need advice on purchasing a machine JuanSiesta 4 366 02-14-2024, 09:31 PM
Last Post: JuanSiesta
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,159 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  How to size F30i *frame* before purchasing tfield98 3 799 05-13-2023, 04:36 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  machine died! Now new doctor and new machine Bjazzman 17 6,791 09-05-2022, 09:07 PM
Last Post: NValtman11
  [CPAP] Using SoClean Machine with CPAP Machine ronald1810 4 1,320 06-01-2022, 10:18 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Purchasing a Used CPAP Machine Dangers? upsman 10 1,872 01-30-2022, 09:21 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question What are the most important aspects to look for when purchasing RESMED Aircurve 10 S mb635 6 964 10-27-2020, 04:54 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.