Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

purchasing machine
RE: purchasing machine
Word of Caution:

Just because it is in a sealed box doesn't mean it is new and unused so make sure you check the run hours.

EXAMPLE: Bought a new laptop several years ago. Took it home in a sealed box.

Was not new. Found the previous owner's email messages, etc. on the laptop. Emailed him and found out he returned the computer and the store may have sent it back to the manufacturer (doubtful) but all that was done was that it was put in sealed packaging and returned to the shelf with the previous owners personal info still on the laptop.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-09-2014, 02:07 AM)zonk Wrote:
(04-09-2014, 12:05 AM)comatose Wrote: edit 2, I doubt that you would have problems with a breakdown, but if you did then warranty might be a problem with the $1,250.00 one, it is ex US
You could buy it direct from US, cheaper and comes with 2 years warranty but machine have to be sent back for any warranty issues
Personally, I don,t have such problem purchasing machine and anything else from US but some do especially if they need local support but for me, this forum is my local support group YMMV

ResMed doesn't allow authorized US dealers to sell machines outside the US.

Get the Setup manual for your machine from the link at the top of the page.

Note that there are a couple of "hours" recorded for the machine. "Machine hours" is the total hours the machine has been on. Usage hours can be reset.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just received my Resmed S9 Autoset [gently used] from US Supplier #2 worked out at $660 AU delivered to my door, looks as good as new. Only thing it looks like I need now is a US to Australia adapter as it has the US plug set up. I looked up the US/AU adapters on Ebay their only a couple of Dollars to purchase. Question for the Aussies on the site, am I right that we use the same "voltage" as the US as the adapter info stresses must be the same voltage??
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Mutineer
Machines are multi volatge, you need US/AU plug adapter or you can get Australian S8 power cord from Supplier #13 which replaces the one comes with machine (attach to the power brick)

You might want check the data been erased (run hours not reset when data is erased), set time/date, and Temp C. If the machine don,t come with SD card, you need a SD card (Supplier #13 also sell ResMed SD cards and S9 filters)
Post Reply Post Reply
[attachment=795]
(04-16-2014, 03:49 AM)zonk Wrote: Hi Mutineer
Machines are multi volatge, you need US/AU plug adapter or you can get Australian S8 power cord from Supplier #13 which replaces the one comes with machine (attach to the power brick)

You might want check the data been erased (run hours not reset when data is erased), set time/date, and Temp C. If the machine don,t come with SD card, you need a SD card (Supplier #13 also sell ResMed SD cards and S9 filters)
So I replace the US cord shown with the Australian cord into the power brick then??

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-16-2014, 05:45 AM)Mutineer Wrote: So I replace the US cord shown with the Australian cord into the power brick then??
Yes, I got the same cord from them for my S8 and does fit the S9 too

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to CPAP- Need advice on purchasing a machine JuanSiesta 4 368 02-14-2024, 09:31 PM
Last Post: JuanSiesta
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,183 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  How to size F30i *frame* before purchasing tfield98 3 799 05-13-2023, 04:36 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  machine died! Now new doctor and new machine Bjazzman 17 6,793 09-05-2022, 09:07 PM
Last Post: NValtman11
  [CPAP] Using SoClean Machine with CPAP Machine ronald1810 4 1,320 06-01-2022, 10:18 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Purchasing a Used CPAP Machine Dangers? upsman 10 1,874 01-30-2022, 09:21 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question What are the most important aspects to look for when purchasing RESMED Aircurve 10 S mb635 6 965 10-27-2020, 04:54 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.