Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How does everything look? What can I do to improve my therapy?
How does everything look? What can I do to improve my therapy?
I have been using a cpap for 3 years and have had moderate success with it. My AHI is consistently below 3, whereas my baseline is 24 (via at home sleep study). Still, I have trouble with fatigue and tiredness.

I have been using a dreamstation (whch is locked out of oscar), but recently got an airsense 10.

Attached are my first two nights on the resmed. During the first night only, I also used a fitted oral appliance (mandibular advancement device). I used a cervical collar both nights.

The first night I slept better, but I really did not feel well rested after either night. I am curious if there are any issues with my flow rate. I noticed that I go long stretches where my flow rate does not conform to the ideal round/single peak during my inspirations. I can attach additional photos to show this.

Night 1 (with oral appliance and cervical collar):

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How does everything look? What can I do to improve my therapy?
Flow Rate samples:

Post Reply Post Reply
You mention that you have a Dreamstation that is locked out of OSCAR. As of version 1.4.0, OSCAR can read Dreamstation 2's encrypted data files. If this isn't what you mean, please provide a more detailed description.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
As Red said OSCAR v1.4 is capable of reading the days of any demonstration. It took us a while because of the encryption to include the DS2s but so far no issue there.
Post Reply Post Reply
I forgot this in my previous post. If you decide to import your DS2's data, create a different user account to separate the DS2's data from your Resmed's. Each brand has different reporting values for the various reporting parameters.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am pretty certain that oscar cannot read much off of my dreamstation cpap. I could be wrong (I hope I am). Maybe I am missing something.

Post Reply Post Reply
Via the wiki under "Fully Supported by Oscar":

" DreamStation CPAP (200X110) - limited, see note * below

[i]* NOTE: 200-series and Dorma machines report only settings and hours used. They do not record detailed efficacy data, and therefore should be avoided. "[/i]

:/
Post Reply Post Reply
You are correct; both Respironics and ResMed make low cost models that do not have any data capability. Your 200X110 is one of those.

Your new ResMed AutoSet is much more capable, and with some tuning will give better results.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Gotcha. Any suggestions based on my data?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,068 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 165 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 254 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,264 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,357 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 963 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Jakespeare65 - Therapy Help jakespeare65 26 815 03-22-2024, 12:55 PM
Last Post: jakespeare65

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.