Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed and 3g?
Resmed and 3g?
I don't use MyAir, so it's a non-problem for me, but has anybody heard what is happening regarding Resmed and their 3G connectivity?  Verizon is ceasing supporting 3g this year apparently. AT&T expects it to be dead in 3 years.   Philips can obviously just replace modules on new machines, but you don't have that option with the Airsense. There is an article in the Wall Street journal (wasn't sure if I could include a link). Comments?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed and 3g?
What's at the other end? I.e. who is looking at the data from the CPAP machine? If nobody is looking, does it matter that the machine has nobody to send to?

Isn't it true that, to a first approximation, "nobody cares" what's happening to you after your initial compliance period (3 months?) when you receive a CPAP machine?

So, presumably, Resmed will start building newer technology modems (perhaps LTE?) into their machines, well before the shutdown of 3g.
Post Reply Post Reply
The newer machines use 4G so I'm sure Resmed doesn't perceive a problem.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-20-2019, 06:09 PM)sonicboom Wrote: The newer machines use 4G so I'm sure Resmed doesn't perceive a problem.

Ok, that's what I was trying to determine.  Didn't say on my machine whether 3G or 4G. 

I was asking because a neighbor's mother has her machine adjustments done by the DME via the modem.  She is homebound in a rural area. She has an Airsense, so not a problem then. S9's continue to be sold, so it's something for folks to be aware about. Doesn't make any difference for we who do our own adjustments, however.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.