Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

question about one supplier who is not on the list
question about one supplier who is not on the list
I hope this is okay. I'd like to know about one on-line supplier that isn't on the list. Without linking to the website, it's called cpapman.

The reason I'm asking is because they seem to have pretty good prices and they apparently ship all brands overseas.

So, has anybody had any experience, positive or negative or neutral, with this supplier? They keep showing up on my Google search results, but that doesn't mean anything other than they've got pretty good website SEO.

And forum mods, let me know if this is (or isn't) okay.

Thanks!

RE: question about one supplier who is not on the list
That DME supplier has a private domain registration if you do a WHOIS search for them. There's really no reason to do that for a legitimate company - if they have a legitimate physical or mailing address, then they should list that address on their domain registration. That indicates to me that they are trying to hide either their true identity or their true actual location. They're paying extra for that private domain registration for a reason. Just because they purchased a lot of adspace from Google and show up in Google searches is no reason to automatically assume they are a good and popular company.

The actual company name is "THE CPAP STORE LLC" and if you search that phrase, according to Google, their last known physical location in the state of Washington is permanently closed. They have nearly zero legitimate online reviews also. A lot of self-promotion is out there, of course, but not much in the way of independent reviews.

As stated on our Supplier List (link at the top of every forum page):

Quote:List Updates: This is a list of major online CPAP sellers. We will update it from time to time as needed. DMEs who ask for their website to be placed on the list will have their request discarded. New site suggestions must come from within our Advisory Members group here on Apnea Board.

This is really not a major CPAP seller as far as I can tell and probably wouldn't qualify for inclusion in the Supplier List. If I'm mistaken, the process would be for one of our Advisory Members to put it to a vote in our Advisory Members forum.

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

I bought stuff from Supplier #2 and #10, both ship internationally with excellent reputation and popular among us, Aussies CPAPers

Just had a quick look at the mentioned site, couldn't see anything cheap, what machine are you looking for?

Assuming, you're looking for CPAP/APAP type of machine, IMHO, you'll need APAP machine .... as for why?
CPAP gives you one option of therapy ... CPAP, fixed pressure
APAP gives you two option of therapy, CPAP and APAP, and only cost few dollars moree
No, APAP is actually much cheaper than CPAP, as you're getting two machines in one, for the price of one machine ... sort of buy one machine and get one machine for free

I have only used ResMed machines, S9 AutoSet and AirSense 10 AutoSet, both excellent machines
AirSense 10 AutoSet for Her is same price as the AirSense 10 AutoSet but comes with extra features

(05-15-2016, 03:09 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote: That DME supplier has a private domain registration if you do a WHOIS search for them. There's really no reason to do that for a legitimate company - if they have a legitimate physical or mailing address, then they should list that address on their domain registration. That indicates to me that they are trying to hide either their true identity or their true actual location. They're paying extra for that private domain registration for a reason. Just because they purchased a lot of adspace from Google and show up in Google searches is no reason to automatically assume they are a good and popular company.

The actual company name is "THE CPAP STORE LLC" and if you search that phrase, according to Google, their last known physical location in the state of Washington is permanently closed. They have nearly zero legitimate online reviews also. A lot of self-promotion is out there, of course, but not much in the way of independent reviews.

As stated on our Supplier List (link at the top of every forum page):

Quote:List Updates: This is a list of major online CPAP sellers. We will update it from time to time as needed. DMEs who ask for their website to be placed on the list will have their request discarded. New site suggestions must come from within our Advisory Members group here on Apnea Board.

This is really not a major CPAP seller as far as I can tell and probably wouldn't qualify for inclusion in the Supplier List. If I'm mistaken, the process would be for one of our Advisory Members to put it to a vote in our Advisory Members forum.

There are legitimate reasons for a business to register a private domain. I do it because, without private registration I was on every spammer and hackers list of people to endlessly harass. When you buy a domain name, your registrar is required by ICANN to enter your contact information – including your name, physical address, email address and phone number – in its WHOIS database, a searchable directory that holds contact information on all of its domain name registrants. This personal information is available, free of charge, to anyone, anywhere in the world who decides to check domain names in the registrar's online WHOIS database.

I have run my consulting business out of my home since 1996 and am not a fly-by-night operator, but that private information is not something I want available to anyone, anywhere, anytime. That is why private domains are sold and purchased by legitimate businesses. I'm open to any better ideas you might have.

This is not to say the "CPAPman" should make the list, but the use of a private domain is not a reason by itself to conclude they have neparious reasons to "hide their identity".
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Further, I think you will find that all .ca domains are automatically private. Both the domains I have are private, and I didn't do anything extra. This prevents stalking and harassment of private individuals.

Mind you, I'm not inclined to do business with any firm that doesn't lay out plainly where they are located in geographical space.
Here's my point: Although someone may choose to hide their true ID via a private domain registration (and there are sometimes valid reasons for doing so)... when it comes to wanting people to purchase expensive equipment online from your company, hiding the real business location raises red flags to potential customers. When you purchase a CPAP machine, you generally must hand over your real name, real address, real phone number and your credit card information in order to make a purchase. Me personally? I won't do that unless I'm convinced the company is honest, above-board and transparent in the information they give out.

The spam issue (with regard to listing an email address on the domain registration) is not really a valid excuse, as long as you have decent email filters set up. I've used apneaboard@gmail.com as my email here since 2004, and still have no issues with spam at all (due to filters that have been set up in gmail).

The issues of privacy with regard to a consultant who operates out of their home are different than those who operate an online DME who (like the one in question) claims to have a brick-and-mortar store - there's really no reason for them to hide their address, if they are telling the truth about having a brick-and-mortar store.

I would never send money or purchase an expensive CPAP machine from a company that is less than completely above-board and transparent with regard to who they are, where they are located, etc.

I buy all my supplies from Supplier #1 because they are honest and completely transparent as to who they are, who the owner is, and the true business location. If a DME doesn't give that info, or seems to be hiding some info, then I take a pass on doing business with them.

It's their decision, of course, and it's my decision not to purchase anything from a DME like that.

Coffee
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

Okay, I think I’ve maybe got it figured out.

It turns out that cpapman has the same address as Supplier #29. Just type c-man’s warehouse address into google: 17521 NE 67th Ct, Redmond, WA 98052, USA Their phone numbers are totally different though.

The prices they both have also look similar, though not exactly the same. I’m guessing that for whatever reason they’ve got two domains. They might have been different companies before and perhaps one of them bought the other. Not sure. Just guessing. I think I might ask them about that.

Other stuff. The private whois info doesn’t bother me too much (I do it too), but the closed office did (big time), and the lack of real reviews seemed to be another strike against it.

But, Supersleeper, is it possible that two different companies -- CPAP Store and Cpapman -- got mixed up? I didn’t see "The CPAP Store LLC" anywhere on cpapman’s, though maybe I missed it. Also, the address you gave for CPAP Store is different from cpapman, though both are in Washington state. Did I miss something obvious (wouldn’t be the first time!)? If so, please do point me in the right direction.

For other comments, real quick:

The good price I saw was for a Respironics 560 (auto, with bluetooth) with heated humidifier, $415 ($419 on #29‘s site) and $441 for the heated tubing option ($444 - a super unlucky number for Chinese folks, btw, which I’m not -- on #29‘s). I ended up buying the same (not sure about the bluetooth though) from Supplier #2 because of the good reviews and, of course, the international shipping of Respironics and Resmed equipment.

Thanks all for the responses and comments!
(05-16-2016, 12:16 PM)kowlooner Wrote: But, Supersleeper, is it possible that two different companies -- CPAP Store and Cpapman -- got mixed up?

Nope. They are the exact same company. I'm not going to link to the site that proves this, as it's a commercial DME link and that's against the rules here. But if you do a Google search, you'll find plenty of evidence that it's the same company, and one of them is listed as "permanently closed".

Coffee
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Angry Former CPAP supplier over charging Bwanajohn51 2 168 03-16-2024, 11:13 AM
Last Post: Bwanajohn51
Question OSCAR: Cheyne Stokes listed in event summary list but can't find a single event eyeloveeyez 5 329 02-12-2024, 09:03 PM
Last Post: eok361
  OSCAR Compat List Brewskie 2 245 01-10-2024, 08:27 PM
Last Post: Brewskie
  GRRR. DME supplier shipped ClimateLineAir Heated Tubing in a BAG DaveInDenver 4 546 11-12-2023, 10:32 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Resmed A10 Autoset - Great Buy - Supplier 1 foss 0 515 11-29-2022, 05:11 PM
Last Post: foss
  Insurance and DME supplier vs Online purchases ajthatch 4 829 10-28-2022, 09:00 PM
Last Post: clownbell
  Cpap supplier jerking your chain ger365 10 1,346 06-21-2022, 10:01 PM
Last Post: clownbell

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.