Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

question on resmed s9 hard drive
question on resmed s9 hard drive
When I got my Resmed S-9, the person giving me the low-down on how to operate it said there is a hard drive in the machine and it will record data for some period of time if the data card is removed.

I had the card out for two days and when I reinstalled the card no data was transferred to the card. The data is missing.

Is there a hard drive in the Resmed S-9, is data recorded to it, and if the data card is removed can I transfer the data from the hard drive to the data card?

Thanks for any help.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: question on resmed s9 hard drive
Hi Zoomy,

i haven't opened my S9, but i would guess that they're not stupid enough to spend at least $70 for a harddrive, while $5 of flash memory will do the same job.

It's correct, that the S9 stores detailed data on the SD-card, and a lot of compressed information including usage time and stuff on an internal storage.
Without the SD-card inserted, no data will be available for you to review it in some software (like SleepyHead).

Regards

Mac
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Zoomy,
There is just an SD card in the S9, that's good enough to hold quite a bit of data.
Hang in there for morre responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks.

I use sleepy head - I really like it. It's great being able to see what's going on.

I am getting between 7-8 hours of sleep each night now whereas before I was just getting 5-6.

My AHI is averages about 3. All in all, I'm very happy with everything.

Post Reply Post Reply
(08-24-2014, 11:54 AM)Zoomy Wrote: When I got my Resmed S-9, the person giving me the low-down on how to operate it said there is a hard drive in the machine and it will record data for some period of time if the data card is removed.

I had the card out for two days and when I reinstalled the card no data was transferred to the card. The data is missing.

Is there a hard drive in the Resmed S-9, is data recorded to it, and if the data card is removed can I transfer the data from the hard drive to the data card?

Thanks for any help.

Hi Zoomy,
Welcome to the forum - this is a great place to get answers.

First, there is no hard drive in the S9. Instead it has a slot for an SD memory card. Some data is recorded in the S9's internal memory (primarily compliance data, usage, etc.), and some data is recorded directly to the SD card (high-rate flow data, etc.). If the SD card is not in the S9 during sleep, the data that would have been recorded to it will be lost. The data that is saved in the S9's internal memory should be copied back to the SD card the next time the card is re-inserted.

The S9 records up to a year's worth of basic compliance data, and up to 30 days of other data (someone will be along to give the details of which data is kept for how long). The high-rate data that is written to the SD card is only saved for 7 days, so you must download at least once per week in order to save that data.

In my view, the most valuable information is usually found in the high-rate data, so I download and check my data daily.

Hope this clarifies some of this for you. Good luck on your journey.
A.Becker
PAPing in NE Ohio, with a pack of Cairn terriers
Post Reply Post Reply
There is a small amount of flash-ram type storage internal. The machine should keep 365 days of compliance data without an SD Card.
The 7 days of high rate (4 samples per second) flow and pressure data are recorded only on he removable SD card.
There are 30 days of detailed data (less the high rate) -- I'm not sure where that's stored.

Inserting the card after several day absence should re-write or update the compliance data. High rate data is lost. Not sure about the 30 days of detailed data.

Considering how little space is used on a 2GB SD card, it makes one wonder why they would not install enough flash-ram to keep the data on.
For the price of a machine; and considering how cheap things like Solid State Drives have become...

I upgraded my 4 year old laptop to a 512 GB SSD and put Windows 7 on it... like a new computer.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-24-2014, 02:04 PM)justMongo Wrote: Inserting the card after several day absence should re-write or update the compliance data. High rate data is lost. Not sure about the 30 days of detailed data.

Nightly compliance data and nightly statistical summary data (Median, 95 percentile and Max statistical data about Leak, Pressure, AHI, etc) is stored inside machine for at least a year and would be written onto the card if missing from the SD card, but maybe only if a new (blank) SD card is inserted into the machine.

The 30 days of Detailed Data (samples every 1 or 2 seconds, for plotting waveforms of Pressure, Leak, etc) and the 7 days of High Rate (25 samples per second) Flow data are only written to the SD card and would be lost and unrecoverable if the SD card was not in the machine.
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
thanks to all - I appreciate it.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hard time to find the right mask labrat 42 2,334 02-14-2024, 01:58 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask Leak Question fuzz 2 535 01-25-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: fuzz
  How hard is it to upgrade with Medicare ? Nightynite 2 569 11-02-2023, 05:14 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
  new resmed user - question about Myair and airview wooders 4 1,089 08-20-2023, 12:40 PM
Last Post: krsattler
Question Question on using a Resmed S9 vs a Dreamstation 1 nbdsv96 3 577 06-20-2023, 01:06 AM
Last Post: Psychotech
Question Question on settings on Resmed S9 nbdsv96 1 462 06-12-2023, 04:37 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Question: ResMed My Air & SD card rdudley9 2 737 06-04-2023, 11:48 AM
Last Post: larrykay

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.