Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

question
question
for the past several days my VT has dropped to around the 300ml range. Is there something I should be concerned with?

I unpluged the power cord from the machine and plugged it back in tonight just in case.

Thx
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: question
Are you saying your tidal volume is low? Estimated tidal volume is a function of body mass, and varies by individual, and of curse health issues like lung disease. 300 would be pretty awful for me, but for a smaller person, and many women, just fine. What has it been in the past? An increase in PS can increase the ventilation rate, but I would not suggest changes without more information.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
it showed that number of 320 or in that range but it was the medium range that was shown on the machine. When I looked in SH it shows the 95% was close to 500.

Lesson learned that the screen doesn't necessarily say what % the number is so better to look at the full data in the software
Post Reply Post Reply
FWIW my average tidal volume on BiPAP at PS 4+ is over 600. On an APAP it about 100 ml less. My lung capacity is off the charts, probably because when I was a kid I used to run at high altitudes. I'm the guy everyone wants to blow up their pool raft. Smile If you are a smaller person, if you smoked, and for many other reasons your volume is going to be less, and the mid 300s is pretty healty for a lot of people. It's impossible to judge without more information.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Last night mine read
W-Avg: 582.63 min 0.00, Med 580.00, 95% 760.00, Max 1520.00
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
How do you get tidal volume shows on ResScan? not showing on mine
Is it something not available on the autoset
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-25-2015, 05:00 PM)AlanE Wrote: Last night mine read
W-Avg: 582.63 min 0.00, Med 580.00, 95% 760.00, Max 1520.00

average 657.13 95% 1120.00 Max 3180.00

Stats are part of Sleepyhead summary.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
I think this is from Friday night
W-Avg: 332.68 140.00 320.00 480.00 1880.00

it is what it is and I got so much to deal with that I am not going to worry about this one. been there, done that and worrying really gets you nowhere fast :-)
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-25-2015, 07:45 PM)zonk Wrote: How do you get tidal volume shows on ResScan? not showing on mine
Is it something not available on the autoset

I am using a S9 VPAP Auto not an autoset but it shows up on my ResScan V5.1.0.8731.

Best regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-25-2015, 11:09 PM)PaytonA Wrote: I am using a S9 VPAP Auto not an autoset but it shows up on my ResScan V5.1.0.8731.

Best regards,

PaytonA

now I am confused......I think.

what is the difference in a S9 autoset and a S9 VPAP auto? I think I am too tired to think anymore today!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flow rate question and clock question The Rog 8 2,422 04-02-2018, 07:29 PM
Last Post: DeepBreathing

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.