Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

question
RE: question
(07-25-2015, 07:45 PM)zonk Wrote: How do you get tidal volume shows on ResScan? not showing on mine
Is it something not available on the autoset

It shows on my VPAP Adapt but not for my old Autoset (along with respiratory rate and minute ventilation). So I think you're right - it doesn't work fr the Autoset.

(07-25-2015, 11:35 PM)me50 Wrote: what is the difference in a S9 autoset and a S9 VPAP auto? I think I am too tired to think anymore today!

The Autoset is a standard CPAP machine which can vary pressure between fixed upper and lower limits. It does have EPR. The S9 VPAP Auto is a bilevel machine in which the EPAP and pressure support (and hence IPAP) can all be adjusted. It runs a higher maximum pressure and the difference between EPAP and IP{AP can be up to (I think) 10 cm H2O
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-25-2015, 11:35 PM)me50 Wrote:
(07-25-2015, 11:09 PM)PaytonA Wrote: I am using a S9 VPAP Auto not an autoset but it shows up on my ResScan V5.1.0.8731.

Best regards,

PaytonA

now I am confused......I think.

what is the difference in a S9 autoset and a S9 VPAP auto? I think I am too tired to think anymore today!

DeepBreathing is correct. From your profile it appears you 'think' you are in CPAP mode with a high and low pressure setting. On the VPAP auto that should be the EPAP minimum and IPAP max. No idea what your pressure support is (PS). Maybe you should do a little homework on your machine and figure out what it does? Many of us have BPAP machines and can help you sort out what your setting are. First step is opening the clinical menu and writing down the current settings and mode.

Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thinking-about
(07-26-2015, 09:38 AM)Sleeprider Wrote:
(07-25-2015, 11:35 PM)me50 Wrote:
(07-25-2015, 11:09 PM)PaytonA Wrote: I am using a S9 VPAP Auto not an autoset but it shows up on my ResScan V5.1.0.8731.

Best regards,

PaytonA

now I am confused......I think.

what is the difference in a S9 autoset and a S9 VPAP auto? I think I am too tired to think anymore today!

DeepBreathing is correct. From your profile it appears you 'think' you are in CPAP mode with a high and low pressure setting. On the VPAP auto that should be the EPAP minimum and IPAP max. No idea what your pressure support is (PS). Maybe you should do a little homework on your machine and figure out what it does? Many of us have BPAP machines and can help you sort out what your setting are. First step is opening the clinical menu and writing down the current settings and mode.

Nope, I know perfectly well I am not in CPAP mode. It was the way PaytonA worded the post that was confusing. I am the one that set my mode and I know my settings so not sure what you are trying to get at. I know what my machine does. Sometimes when we presume things, well, you know.....sometimes it is better to ask than assume. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
In a round-about way, I was asking for clarification and not assuming. What is your EPAP, PS, and IPAP? Is that direct enough?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-26-2015, 03:02 PM)me50 Wrote: Thinking-about
(07-26-2015, 09:38 AM)Sleeprider Wrote:
(07-25-2015, 11:35 PM)me50 Wrote: now I am confused......I think.

Nope, I know perfectly well I am not in CPAP mode. It was the way PaytonA worded the post that was confusing. I am the one that set my mode and I know my settings so not sure what you are trying to get at. I know what my machine does. Sometimes when we presume things, well, you know.....sometimes it is better to ask than assume. Smile

me50,

Sorry if I brought confusion into the discussion. I was merely responding to Zonk's post concerning not getting tidal volume showing up from his autoset either on ResScan or Sleepyead.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
PaytonA

no big deal. I was tired and read your post wrong and that is why I asked the question that I did

anyway I got it figured out and I got the VT figured out so all is good
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-27-2015, 12:00 AM)me50 Wrote: anyway I got it figured out and I got the VT figured out so all is good

Hi me50,

If I may ask, what is Pressure Support (PS) set to on your machine?

If you are in VAuto therapy mode and the number of Central Apneas you are having per hour is low (less than 2 or 3 CA per hour) then increasing the PS would tend to increase the average tidal Volume (TV or Vt). But do keep an eye on it to see if the higher PS causes too many CA, which sometimes happens with some patients.

My average Vt usually varies between 500 to 600 mL. If my average Vt for a night dropped by, say, 35% I would likely feel concerned, and I would likely want to find out what is happening. (Perhaps a change in medications or sleeping position or an illness?)

The common formulas for expected Vt (see below for a common one) are just very rough average for many people. There are several threads on this forum which have discussed Vt.

Vt is not a function of a person's actual weight.

Vt is a function of a person's "Ideal" or predicted weight, which means it is usually just a function of sex and height, because "Ideal" weight is usually a simple function of sex and height.

From http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4263328/

Expected Vt = 6mL per kg of predicted body weight (based on sex and height).

We can obtain our predicted body weight from:
http://www.calculator.net/ideal-weight-calculator.html

To convert between pounds and kg:
http://www.convertunits.com/from/lb/to/kg

The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for all of that info

W-Avg: 332.68 140.00 320.00 480.00 1880.00

PS 4

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-27-2015, 01:20 AM)me50 Wrote: PS 4

If you have Max IPAP set to 18 and Min EPAP set to 8 and PS set to 4, then EPAP will be automatically adjusting itself between 8 and 14, as may be needed to treat/prevent obstructive events.

PS will always remain 4.

Which means IPAP will vary between 12 to 18, changing whenever EPAP changes.

If the above makes sense to you, then I hope you will use the "My Profile" link (near the top right of each forum page) to update your profile.

I would suggest at least updating the CPAP Pressure portion to say something like 18/8 PS=4

Thanks,
--- Vaughn
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flow rate question and clock question The Rog 8 2,422 04-02-2018, 07:29 PM
Last Post: DeepBreathing

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.