Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

questions about resmed s9 vs s10
questions about resmed s9 vs s10
Hi everyone, I just started therapy 20 days ago and am having great luck getting adjusted to everything, sleeping way more than ever and energy is through the roof in comparison. I own a second home at the other end of my state so rather than carrying my s10 and take the chance of breaking something I bought an s9 for up there and would like to know if the slimline from the s10 will fit the s9, I will continue to bring the mask until I buy a second mask for up there and hope the line will work. I bought the s9 for $100, I think I got a good dealDont-know
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: questions about resmed s9 vs s10
Your prescribed pressure shows 16-20, implying APAP. Some of the S9 models are CPAP only, so be sure. Also, if you have RERA issues, the S9 does not see those events. It essentially treats them, but does not flag the data.
Post Reply Post Reply
It should fit. The hose ends are universal on Resmed machines. Just a thought though, hoses are cheap enough to warrant buying another just in case.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
The slimline should fit but you need to set the hose type to slimline as it affects the pressure control response. Does the S9 have that adjustment? If not I would buy it a hose.
if you can't decide then you don't have enough data.
Post Reply Post Reply
An ordinary non-heated hose, either slimline or regular, will fit both machines. I believe the heated hoses are not compatible between machines.

Importantly, what model of AirSense and what model S9 do you have? There is a very wide range of models (especially in the S9) and the two machines you have may not be equally suitable for you.
Post Reply Post Reply
It came today and is an s9 auto Vpap will this work for me if setup correctly?
Post Reply Post Reply
I have the same S9. It's an auto bilevel. It can run in one of 3 modes. Straight CPAP, S-mode BiLevel, or Auto Bilevel.
I don't know which S10 you have; but you should be able to set it up to emulate most of the 10 series machines.

The S9 VPAP auto can also be set to pressures as high as 25. You should request the manual using the links above.

You can narrow the PS parameter to a small number and set IPAPmax and EPAPmin to your 16-20 range.
Be sure to set your hose type in the menu.

Can you be more specific as to which 10 series machine you have?
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
I believe its an airsense 10 autoset
Post Reply Post Reply
If I can get settings from my s10 can you help me set it up? I am hoping to avoid bringing it in to have it done.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am sure that someone will help.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  EPR questions juniper 5 126 2 hours ago
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Surgery questions sarahsleeps 8 137 3 hours ago
Last Post: coffee9724
Question [Equipment] Airsense 11 Questions tblaster 2 144 04-02-2024, 12:35 PM
Last Post: tblaster
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 242 03-27-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Juniper's questions juniper 12 350 03-21-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: juniper
  New - so many questions Matsu1 4 306 02-25-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  A few questions!! Iceracer 2 328 01-19-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: Iceracer

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.