Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

questions for other Inspire users
questions for other Inspire users
I know Inspire is fairly new but I am hoping some people can chime in on how their device works. I have noticed when i wake up and the device is still active there is no correlation between my breathing pattern and the device stimulation. i can change my breating pattern,hold my breath, and any combination there of, and the machine cadence remains the same. I have a friend that has the Implant was was actually part of the study group and his devise will not stimulate if he holds his breath. I have talked to another implant recipient that has the same issue as myself and was told the sensor lead failed. My doctor said it is working properly. After 3 months of use I have my doubts of it's effectiveness right now.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: questions for other Inspire users
Be sure to see this thread by Malloc, and consider sending him a PM. http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...My-Journey
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: questions for other Inspire users
Hi,

I'm new to the forum and had Inspire implant surgery July 15th.  Had the device turned on Aug 15th, and have been slowly increasing the power setting. Had another office visit this week and they increased the strength two more levels. I mentioned to the Sleep Dr. that I didn't think the stimulation was correlated with my breathing and he said to try for a couple weeks and if I could tolerate it, we would schedule an at home sleep study.  Have tried the increased setting for two nights, but each night I had to stop when I woke up after 3 hours of sleep. When I wake up, I notice the stimulation is like a metronome. I get stimulation for 3-4 seconds, then 1-2 seconds without. This pattern repeats and as you said, it doesn't matter what rate I breathe. When I hold my breath, it keeps on with the same schedule. I have another appointment scheduled for this Thursday, feel strongly that something isn't right. Would appreciate hearing more about your experience.

Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  EPR questions juniper 7 223 6 hours ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New - so many questions Matsu1 7 383 Yesterday, 04:44 PM
Last Post: Matsu1
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,964 359,627 Yesterday, 02:17 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Surgery questions sarahsleeps 8 182 04-16-2024, 10:01 AM
Last Post: coffee9724
  Inspire system JThammer 15 390 04-04-2024, 11:59 AM
Last Post: cdplatt
Question [Equipment] Airsense 11 Questions tblaster 2 156 04-02-2024, 12:35 PM
Last Post: tblaster
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 252 03-27-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.