Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

questions to my new apap
RE: questions to my new apap
Fourth night,
AHI still pretty hight, anyway to lower the AHI ?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
You are probably experiencing CO2 washout. Try setting your EPR to 0 or 1 and see if this reduces the CA events.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Okay if other people agree i will try that. 
I am also waking up quite often, i guess that can be expplained by the CO2 washout ?
But wouldnt that also increase the flow limitations again ?
Post Reply Post Reply
Sometimes my nasal mask randomly leaks.  I have a P10 medium, but i can change to small and large as well, what do you guys suggest ?
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
correct, you are in a balancing game between Central Apneas that appear to be treatment Emergent and will go away in time (typically 2-3 months) and obstructive events in your case mostly flow limitations.

What is your Trigger Setting? Never mind, you are on an AutoSet and that parameter is not available.

I want you to have some Central Apneas so your body will get used to the new CO2 levels and decrease your centrals over time.
You can drop your EPR to 2 and see where the balance goes to. But honestly your Central Apneas are not too high. your choice.

Either way it will take time.

you can take Red's advice and set EPR= OFF which will nearly eliminate the centrals overnight at the cost of IMHO a much more disruptive nights sleep as the obstructive events climb.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New APAP/Forum user looking for some insight! Austin7756 2 91 08-07-2022, 05:47 PM
Last Post: Austin7756
Smile No sleep with APAP after 5 days, any advice? Darkpunchedstars 12 699 08-02-2022, 01:16 PM
Last Post: joepublic23
Question [Pressure] Do I need a Bi-Pap or higher pressure APAP? Johnnyde94 130 5,374 08-01-2022, 01:06 PM
Last Post: Johnnyde94
  Resmed S9 ... Set to APAP (or not)? dosco 55 6,291 07-29-2022, 09:13 PM
Last Post: dosco
  New to APAP with low AHI djskittles 11 755 07-26-2022, 11:32 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  New APAP machine with Oscar coolbranch 1 165 07-16-2022, 03:22 PM
Last Post: pholynyk
  Two weeks on APAP and trying to understand Gtobot 12 940 07-07-2022, 09:01 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.