Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

enzo1 Therapy Thread
RE: questions to my new apap
(07-21-2022, 09:01 AM)enzo1 Wrote: You guys have any idea about the central apneas by the way ?

Your central apnea index is too low to be clinically significant. It will anyway drop as you adapt.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree.
You could make them go away overnight by spending $4-7000 USD on a ASV and because of the way it works you would most likely feel worse.

Stay the course for now.
Post Reply Post Reply
Fourth night,
AHI still pretty hight, anyway to lower the AHI ?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
You are probably experiencing CO2 washout. Try setting your EPR to 0 or 1 and see if this reduces the CA events.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Okay if other people agree i will try that. 
I am also waking up quite often, i guess that can be expplained by the CO2 washout ?
But wouldnt that also increase the flow limitations again ?
Post Reply Post Reply
Sometimes my nasal mask randomly leaks.  I have a P10 medium, but i can change to small and large as well, what do you guys suggest ?
Post Reply Post Reply
correct, you are in a balancing game between Central Apneas that appear to be treatment Emergent and will go away in time (typically 2-3 months) and obstructive events in your case mostly flow limitations.

What is your Trigger Setting? Never mind, you are on an AutoSet and that parameter is not available.

I want you to have some Central Apneas so your body will get used to the new CO2 levels and decrease your centrals over time.
You can drop your EPR to 2 and see where the balance goes to. But honestly your Central Apneas are not too high. your choice.

Either way it will take time.

you can take Red's advice and set EPR= OFF which will nearly eliminate the centrals overnight at the cost of IMHO a much more disruptive nights sleep as the obstructive events climb.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi, 
quite long since i last posted here. I still feel quite tired and i somewhat played with the pressure settings. Is there a way of me uploading my oscar data without having to screenshot everything ? 
Any help would be greatly appreciated
Post Reply Post Reply
Cpap settings
I am using my apap since quite some time now (approximately 2 months) but I still feel quite tired and groggy. Is there a way for me to post my oscar data without me having to do 60 Screenshots? Potentially like uploading a zip folder or something so you guys can see all the data and help me out. 

I would really appreciate your guys help
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Cpap settings
Trust me, we don't want to look at 60 screenshots either! Big Grin

Instead, show us one shot (or two if necessary to show both the Statistics and Settings part of the left panel) of a recent typical night. Use the F12 (Func+F12 on a Mac) to eliminate the calendar and pie chart automatically.

Include a description of any problems or thoughts you have about your treatment, to give us some idea of what you would like to improve.

Some of us took as much as six months before we noticed much improvement in our daytime activities, so be patient and work on getting your settings adjusted to suit your needs.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,067 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 160 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 254 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,264 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,355 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 959 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 29 1,208 03-22-2024, 10:51 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.