Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

re-adjusting to ASV
re-adjusting to ASV
I was wondering if anyone else has issues with re-adjusting to vpap/cpap after a period without it? Most nights I go through the ritual of setting thing up etc, making sure the mask isnt too tight, having 45min ramp..... but after an hour or so I give up... 

Im hoping things will improve with time? Dont-know
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: re-adjusting to ASV
G'day Sleeepp. What causes you to give up? Discomfort from the mask / headgear? Inability to breathe comfortably? Inability to actually get to sleep? ...others?

What are your machine settings? "Default" doesn't really tell us anything. We need to see what's actually happening, so a #SleepyHead daily chart will be easiest. To learn how to format the chart to give the most useful information go here: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ganization

By the way, a 45 minute ramp is excessive and may well be contributing to your problem. Try reducing the ramp as far as you can tolerate (maybe even switvh it off completely).
Post Reply Post Reply
Thumbsup 
RE: re-adjusting to ASV
My settings are Auto ASV ps 3-15, pap 4- 13 which have the best results (AHI 2 to 0). I would include a screen shot of graphs but the sleep periods (if any) are not long enough.

I had not thought of lowering the ramp time so I'll give it a go... fingers crossed!

Thanks! [Image: thanks.gif]
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need help adjusting settings cokepi 1 104 03-08-2024, 06:46 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Help with reading OSCAR and adjusting settings deirdrepen 2 228 01-24-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: deirdrepen
  Need help adjusting interpreting Oscar Data - 10 Aircurve Vauto mrwell 4 425 12-02-2023, 05:17 PM
Last Post: mrwell
  Tips for adjusting chin strap? TiredTom111 8 1,181 09-10-2023, 10:11 AM
Last Post: Bluesv6
  Auto-adjusting CPAP as replacement in Philips Recall Speusippus 1 573 08-14-2023, 05:16 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Adjusting to Nasal Pillow Mask DenKen31 7 888 07-25-2023, 07:22 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
Grin need help adjusting settings CPAP overzero 11 982 07-05-2023, 07:37 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.