Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

read only new data from sd-card
read only new data from sd-card
how can I read only the "new" data on my sd-card and not start reading and loading the entire sd-card.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: read only new data from sd-card
You can use either FlashPAP or Sleep Master, both free programs designed specifically for CPAP data downloads.  Their download information is listed below.

FlashPAP link
Sleep Master link

Additionally, depending on your computer's O/S can use free programs like SyncToy 2.1 by Microsoft for Windows O/S's and, for Mac and Linux, use the "rsync" command.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
oscar is reading the sd-card I took out of the computer, so the last session was on xx-yy-2021.
Today is aa-bb-2021 and I take out the sd, and start oscar
what I like to happen is that oscar is importiing all data from period xx-yy-2021 to aa-bb-2021
is that possible or should i be patiant and wait to see oscar reading all data on the sd ?
Post Reply Post Reply
OSCAR should only import data that it does not have. I thought that your original post had to do with backing up your SD card to your computer.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The design of the ResMed importer was inherited from SleepyHead. Right now, when it opens an .edf file, it reads the whole thing. This is fine for the files in the DATALOG directory, which only have a single session each (more or less). The STR.edf file, however contains many days of settings and statistics data. As above, the whole file gets read in and processed, even if only a few days are new.

I expect when we redesign the database, we will also redesign the STR.edf import routine to read a day's record randomly.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Rubens

I am not sure if I understand your question exactly, just ignore this if I have:

Are you maybe looking for File> Preferences > Import > do not import sessions older than xx-yy-2021 ?
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for your idea and tip. I think my problem is I didn't leave the SD card in the machine every night. I was thinking the machine kept all of the data in the machine's memory for about 1 year and you didn't need to leave the SD in the machine every night. I am testing the machine now with the SD card in the machine every night and so far it's transferring the data to the SD as it should. I will keep you updated in a few more nights.

Thanks, everyone for helping me with this issue!
Post Reply Post Reply
Good, I think you have found the solution!

The SD card indeed needs to be in the machine all night every night to have the detailed data written to it.
Leave it in the machine for a while in the morning before removing it to allow the data to be transferred.

If there is no Card in the machine then there will be only summary data written to it post-facto.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 72 7 hours ago
Last Post: Ibrumley
  Is there a solution to read out the newer versions of the Contect CMS50F under Linux? Mast04 10 807 03-25-2024, 08:46 PM
Last Post: Pierelly
  Viatom/WellUE data is different than OSCAR displayed data GordK 3 289 02-23-2024, 04:48 PM
Last Post: GordK
  Data structure / data definition of AirSense 11 CD, CMSd50+ or OSCAR?hing obvious, … Perickson 4 1,628 02-18-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Perickson
  AirSense 11 Data download csv file vs. card tkblizard 3 493 12-29-2023, 04:33 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Archive SD card data txrpls 3 802 12-18-2023, 07:11 PM
Last Post: txrpls
  Software to read edf file from in lab study? lisaistired 3 684 12-02-2023, 01:26 AM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.