Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Resmed Mirage Activa LT
Humidifier: ResMed A5i
CPAP Pressure: 10
CPAP Software: Not using software

Other Comments:

Sex: Male
reading SD card
Does anyone know how to get the the software program to download the data from the ResMed A9 AutoSet SD Data Card, which quietly resides within my CPAP machine, or is this a state secret?

Since ResMes seems to keep the application out of Public Domain, will they allow someone to purchase it.
I guess keeping it highly classified is their pervue, but I can only hope some wealthy, cantankerous user might be willing to sue them, under several grounds (Freedom of Speech, etc.? - I'm not a lawyer, obviously, but if the Koch Brothers and Rush Limbaugh can benefit from that ploy, perhaps ResMed users could also?).

My story:
I had to mail the SD card from my ResMed A9 Autoset to my CPAP supplier to download the data for MEDICARE COMPLIANCE. My Pulmonary Doctor's office said they're not able to do the download. I was told their clinic system uses a supplier that does not distribute ResMed devices (kind of hard to believe!).
USPS took almost 2 weeks to deliver the letter to the supplier. The supplier then copied the data, sent me the results in an email attachment and they're now sending the results to the Dr's office. This readout only bore two data sets: 1 day and 30 days.
This has taken an inordinate amount of time for that little data. I am also being forced to visit the Doctor's Office, (unnecessarily using medicare resources; their money and our taxes). I'll bring the machine to his office and show him how to read the data directly on the machine's LCD, for the periods from 1 day to 1 year (the office was unaware this was possible). If he wishes to make any clinical adjustments and doesn't know how, I will show him the procedures for that also, (which incidentally, are adjustments which I believe are also my right to make, as long as the results conform to government guidelines, since medicare does pay for the equipment).
(This post was last modified: 03-06-2015 06:14 PM by stmijaar.)
03-06-2015 06:13 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
Crimson Nape Offline

Monitors

Machine: ResMed S9 Autoset
Mask Type: Other
Mask Make & Model: P-10 / F&P Simplus / DreamWear
Humidifier: H5i w/Climateline
CPAP Pressure: 8 - EPR 3
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: CMS-50F & 50IW

RE: reading SD card
Welcome to the forum. I believe you are referring to either a S9 or an AS10. Here are 2 links for monitoring software. From experience I would recommend Sleepyhead. Sleepyhead provides far more detailed information than ResScan.

Link to obtain ResScan 5.3:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...hines-only

Link to Sleepyhead 0.9.8.1-testing:
http://www.sleepfiles.com/SH/index.html?TestingVersions

Good Luck!

Statistics prove that people who have more birthdays live longer.
03-06-2015 06:37 PM
trish6hundred Online

Advisory Members

Machine: Resmed S9 AutoSet for Her
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: Fisher & Paykel Simplus
Humidifier: H5i Heated Humidifier
CPAP Pressure: 10 - 7-20 Cm H2O
CPAP Software: Not using software

Other Comments: I started CPAP in 2008. Totally blind since birth.

Sex: Female

Hi stmijaar,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more responses to your post and much success to you with your CPAP therapy.

trish6hundred
03-06-2015 06:46 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
DeepBreathing Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: Resmed S9 VPAP Adapt
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
Humidifier: Resmed H5i
CPAP Pressure: EPAP: 9 - 15 PS: 3 - 10
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Hi stmijaar, welcome to Apnea Board. As sgearhart said, the software is readily available at the links he gave.

A couple of providers in Australia sell ResScan (superseded version) for $30, so it's not a state secret. As to why the medical mafia make everything so hard - knowledge is power and power is money. That and an ingrained belief by some in the medical industry that patients can't be safely allowed to manage their own conditions. And a further ingrained inability to admit in front of a patient that the great god doctor doesn't know everything.

DeepBreathing
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Bed

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
03-06-2015 06:58 PM
PaulaO2 Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: S9 Autoset
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 14-20
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, Hypermobility Type; chronic sarcasm

Sex: Undisclosed

Medicare only cares about compliance, which means the hours you used the device. Since you need official proof of compliance, you are limited to ResScan for now, unless your doctor accepts the data from SleepyHead. I suggest you use both at the same time and present him/her (just mail or email it) with both results. Then, when you are done with compliance, you can stick with whichever software you like the most.

As for changing your own settings, yes, you have that right. There is no law against it.

PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
03-06-2015 10:53 PM

Donate to Apnea Board

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  [Equipment] SD card reading tim52160 15 1,216 09-27-2016 08:14 PM
Last Post: pjfollyfarm
  help reading SleepyHead data charts JaneAM 2 414 09-26-2016 10:27 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Arrow [Diagnosis] Am I reading this right? Kakesim 7 445 08-30-2016 06:40 PM
Last Post: chill
  help reading SleepyHead data charts JaneAM 5 573 08-01-2016 07:22 AM
Last Post: Rcgop
  Bizarre Sleepyhead Reading for Flow Limitation holden4th 7 465 07-24-2016 01:58 PM
Last Post: vsheline
Question Help reading SleepyHead data.... Seajayh 3 444 06-24-2016 02:22 PM
Last Post: Seajayh
  [CPAP] Software for reading data on sd card billy.bates 10 21,354 05-16-2016 11:54 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape