Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

reading SD card
reading SD card
Does anyone know how to get the the software program to download the data from the ResMed A9 AutoSet SD Data Card, which quietly resides within my CPAP machine, or is this a state secret?

Since ResMes seems to keep the application out of Public Domain, will they allow someone to purchase it.
I guess keeping it highly classified is their pervue, but I can only hope some wealthy, cantankerous user might be willing to sue them, under several grounds (Freedom of Speech, etc.? - I'm not a lawyer, obviously, but if the Koch Brothers and Rush Limbaugh can benefit from that ploy, perhaps ResMed users could also?).

My story:
I had to mail the SD card from my ResMed A9 Autoset to my CPAP supplier to download the data for MEDICARE COMPLIANCE. My Pulmonary Doctor's office said they're not able to do the download. I was told their clinic system uses a supplier that does not distribute ResMed devices (kind of hard to believe!).
USPS took almost 2 weeks to deliver the letter to the supplier. The supplier then copied the data, sent me the results in an email attachment and they're now sending the results to the Dr's office. This readout only bore two data sets: 1 day and 30 days.
This has taken an inordinate amount of time for that little data. I am also being forced to visit the Doctor's Office, (unnecessarily using medicare resources; their money and our taxes). I'll bring the machine to his office and show him how to read the data directly on the machine's LCD, for the periods from 1 day to 1 year (the office was unaware this was possible). If he wishes to make any clinical adjustments and doesn't know how, I will show him the procedures for that also, (which incidentally, are adjustments which I believe are also my right to make, as long as the results conform to government guidelines, since medicare does pay for the equipment).

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: reading SD card
Welcome to the forum. I believe you are referring to either a S9 or an AS10. Here are 2 links for monitoring software. From experience I would recommend Sleepyhead. Sleepyhead provides far more detailed information than ResScan.

Link to obtain ResScan 5.3:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...hines-only

Link to Sleepyhead 0.9.8.1-testing:
http://www.sleepfiles.com/SH/index.html?TestingVersions

Good Luck!
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi stmijaar,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more responses to your post and much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi stmijaar, welcome to Apnea Board. As sgearhart said, the software is readily available at the links he gave.

A couple of providers in Australia sell ResScan (superseded version) for $30, so it's not a state secret. As to why the medical mafia make everything so hard - knowledge is power and power is money. That and an ingrained belief by some in the medical industry that patients can't be safely allowed to manage their own conditions. And a further ingrained inability to admit in front of a patient that the great god doctor doesn't know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
Medicare only cares about compliance, which means the hours you used the device. Since you need official proof of compliance, you are limited to ResScan for now, unless your doctor accepts the data from SleepyHead. I suggest you use both at the same time and present him/her (just mail or email it) with both results. Then, when you are done with compliance, you can stick with whichever software you like the most.

As for changing your own settings, yes, you have that right. There is no law against it.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Please, need help reading the leak rate and LL info chronic 4 135 03-18-2024, 08:05 AM
Last Post: chronic
  Help reading OSCAR data JenniferJuniper 20 992 03-08-2024, 02:12 PM
Last Post: JenniferJuniper
  Help with reading OSCAR and adjusting settings deirdrepen 2 238 01-24-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: deirdrepen
  Help reading Oscar Charts Wisurid 3 386 12-25-2023, 05:26 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  newly diagnosed, need some help reading OSCAR report mushroom 5 479 12-13-2023, 09:42 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Would like some help reading my OSCAR data dynamo 13 669 12-08-2023, 11:38 PM
Last Post: WakeUpTime
  Low Tidal Volume reading rhwoe 8 741 12-04-2023, 01:24 PM
Last Post: rhwoe

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.