Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

reading high amount of central apneas while on machine but not sleeping
RE: reading high amount of central apneas while on machine but not sleeping
[Image: lpb9W51l.png]

okay I do not understand why my leaks are out of control the results look good but of course how dependable is the reading when you leak like I did last night. I had about 5 average on leak which was awesome before I switched to cpap mode. I did put a new cushion on(defect?) and I have been getting used to side sleeping and waking up on my side maybe time to try a new mask I was supposed get the new airtouch but it is backordered. So many changes hard to say for sure.
Post Reply Post Reply
All of us have a bad day on occasion.
I would loosen ALL the straps on your mask and refit it. Look at ResMed's video of the fitting, they will frequently have good hints. Mask Primer for general fitting tips.

I think the AirTouch F20 masks are going to be a real hit, and effective. Unfortunately I won't be able to try the because of the magnets and my wife's pacemaker.
Post Reply Post Reply
[Image: vT0PWmgl.png]

well I think I found the leak problem the little valve on my f10 has an issue I put a different one on there about two in the morning and it did not leak back to normal.
Post Reply Post Reply
[attachment=3652][attachment=3651]Okay I just wanted to update incase anyone else had similar issues I recently tried out a used ASV and it helped a ton way easier to sleep all night. So I ended up finding a great deal on a Aircurve 10 ASV and my AHI has never been better like under 1 and I am sleeping all night. Now all I have to do I sell my Aircurve 10 vauto on craigslist or offer up !!!! I will attach a screenshot of last night on ASV auto. Thanks for all the education cant believe we have to dig like this when the professional don't feel like doing their job!!!!
Post Reply Post Reply
I think you could have set the vauto up better, there was no PS working. I'm glad the ASV is working for you. Problem solved.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
Actually I turned off pressure support after a month or two to try to alleviate some of the central issues I was having. I wa basically trying the Vauto as a cpap to see if I could dial it in and it was better
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome

Delayed but still...

Sounds like we're on same blowers now. Your current ASV is the ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV?

If you need any help, let me know. Glad to chatter on what's going on ASV-wise. My info is current on settings, etc. over on my user info area.

Best to ya,
Dave

Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The tidal volume has increased from 460 to 500, so that's a good thing.
you could also increase the max PS to it's available max and bring in a min PS, the default for a healthy lung is PS:3 this could support your tidal volume too.
I would raise the min pressure to 10.5, or increase the min PS, I think that will clear up the remaining UA/H
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
Well I love the ASV my doctor acts like I am crazy for getting one on my own and he to believes I do not have too many central issues but at the end of the day my ahi is 0.2 to 0.5 and I sleep great. He wanted me to turn the pressure support up and put a minimum on it of 4 and a max of like 15 which I tried but I couldn't sleep. So I put it back at 0 to 10 and set my Epap at 9 to 15 feels great. Not really interested in changing something that ain't broke broke
Post Reply Post Reply
A minimum PS that is too high can cause central apnea in many people, and this effect tends to be worse for people with central and complex apnea to start with. That is why when these people are being treated on CPAP and Bilevel we encourage them to try turning down EPR or pressure support and try low fixed pressure. The advise to increase minimum PS to 4.0 is very poorly informed. That would normally cause more CA and, while the machine will treat those, a better objective is to minimize OA by putting EPAP in the right range, and CA by keeping the minimum PS low! ASV is a great device, but very few doctors actually understand it.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Side sleeping and shoulder pain SCgargoyle 8 887 9 hours ago
Last Post: stevew168
  Oscar Charts: Interrupted sleep with high heart rate xaid 0 50 Yesterday, 01:27 PM
Last Post: xaid
  Please, need help reading the leak rate and LL info chronic 4 85 Yesterday, 08:05 AM
Last Post: chronic
  Recently started CPAP -- very high proportion of Clear Airway Events matt2 0 65 03-17-2024, 02:48 PM
Last Post: matt2
  COSA, hypoxemia, AFIB, high BP, polycythemia, and CBTI? Motorheadrulz 45 4,324 03-16-2024, 11:21 AM
Last Post: Motorheadrulz
  Central events while falling asleep michaelyu15 6 165 03-15-2024, 07:59 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Fixed Sleeping Position the entire night? Unkikonki 7 155 03-15-2024, 07:57 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.