Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

reading high amount of central apneas while on machine but not sleeping
RE: reading high amount of central apneas while on machine but not sleeping
[Image: mrQukIFl.jpg]
my ahi was 1.1 when i woke up then the sleep/wake stuff happened weird liking the lower pressures though they obviously are working just as good as higher pressures.
Still not sure if this is just how I breath when awake or if it is trying to get to sleep having issues stuff.

[Image: GtTnn4hl.png]

sorry this is what i meant to post
Post Reply Post Reply
You knew this question was coming, did you sleep at all the second session, and what was the difference, did you put the mask on your dog? Just kidding but the results are that different.

That first cluster, ignore, it looks like sleep wake junk swj
It looks like you found your sweet spot, but we need to determine what happened in that second session.

two things
Add both snore (can be really small in height, and flow limit charts, they both will trigger pressure rises.
Add a detailed view of s section of your CA events, want to see the wave form on the flow rate chart, you should be able to see each breath.
Post Reply Post Reply
awesome - think of this another way.  you got 6 hours of relatively unpestered sleep.  I have two alternative suggestions (pick one or none):

1) end your sleep purposely once you awake if you have slept 5.5 to 6 hours.  you might be surprised how rested you feel not fighting thru the remainder of the night.

2) lots of work, but after doing 12-13 for your good sleep, reset for next piece to 7-11.  of course the settings would have to be reset again for next night.

ha ha.  maybe that is too much trouble.

dreaming and REM - so, some sleepists state that dreaming outside of REM is generally nightmarish, while dreaming inside REM is generally interesting and makes sense at the time and happy enough. (dreams of flying by waving your hands is an example of something calm and makes sense, though completely non-sensible in full awake mode.)

patients having REM at night seem to be happier overall.

add your flow limit and snores as bonjour suggests.

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm replying because I am having similar issues with central apneas outnumbering my obstructive ones...i didn't have any centrals at the sleep study, now i have lots....i did not get to read this entire thread, but wanted to post, so that i can find it again to read over it. Thanks for posting!
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-07-2017, 03:07 PM)tlg0417 Wrote: I'm replying because I am having similar issues with central apneas outnumbering my obstructive ones...i didn't have any centrals at the sleep study, now i have lots....i did not get to read this entire thread, but wanted to post, so that i can find it again to read over it. Thanks for posting!

I recommend that you post your data in your own thread.  We can help you too.
Post Reply Post Reply
[Image: 4JEkXOUl.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah after being awake I do not think it is too much work to lower pressure after i wake up it may even be worth trying straight 11 or something and see what happens  Obviously it looks like the only time I was in the awake sleep laydown time and not lumping up apneas was when i was at 8 pressure but then I went straight to 12 . I will obviously have to experiment to see if that  is the case. It could be that the breathing may be causing me to be awake instead of asleep or I am just not ready to sleep I am really not sure and that really is the question If that is just the way I am it is really all in vain from this point; however, if my body is having a hard time transitioning and only when I am really tired (like after two hours sleep thank you very much stupid Monday night) do I get to sleep?Any thoughts???? I guess to summarize is the being awake and not ready to sleep causing the central issues or are the central issues causing the alertness and not letting me sleep... ?
Post Reply Post Reply
The cluster of CA events looks to be associated with a drop in respiration rate and your tidal volume being all over the place.
I don't know how this is related.
Post Reply Post Reply
I did sleep a little here or there . Really hard to say for sure I posted the results for snore etc...
Post Reply Post Reply
I have the opportunity to pick up a coupe machines for very cheap one a Phillips auto bipap one an asv by phillips both only few years old for like 100 dollars would respironics changing ps or the asv be worth trying??
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  please help me make sense of my central apneas p4ncaketim 26 569 3 hours ago
Last Post: p4ncaketim
  Central while on ASV Boodmaster 11 2,517 03-26-2024, 02:37 AM
Last Post: Boodmaster
  [Treatment] Clear airway / central apnea events -- causes and solutions? mitzvahtime 6 2,399 03-25-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Phillips Dreamstation 2 High Disconnects mrsleepyhead2001 2 126 03-22-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mrsleepyhead2001
  Fixing (CPAP-induced?) central apneas Franko39 17 859 03-21-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: Franko39
  Central Sleeping Apnea treatment ivan007 5 212 03-21-2024, 12:52 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [Pressure] ASV pressure too high. Please Help Mosleepy 27 701 03-21-2024, 10:13 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.