Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

recent oximetry report
Wink 
recent oximetry report
My doctor wants me to do a sleep study. Can someone help me with this report? I want to know the severity of my condition.

Highest pulse: 113
Lowest Pulse: 63
mean Pulse: 82
1 S.D: 7.7

highest SpO2: 98%
Lowest SpO2: 80%
mean SpO2: 93.4%
1 S. D. 2.0

Time with SpO2 < 90 -- 0:12:32 2.8%
Time with SpO2 < 80 -- 0 0%
" < 70 -- 0 0%
" < 60 -- 0 0%
" <88 3:52 0.9%
" -> 90: 7:15:32 97.2%
" =80 & < 90: 12:32 2.8%

The longest continuous times with saturation <= 88 was 00:00:52 which started at 4:23:33

No events excluded due to artifact.

there were 20 desaturation events over 3 minutes duration.
there were 127 desaturation evens of less than 3 minutes duration during which: the mean high was 95.7%. the mean low was 89.8%

Number of those events were:
>0 & <10 seconds: 2
10-20 seconds: 29
20-30 seconds; 37
30-40 seconds: 13
40-50 seconds: 11
50-60 seconds: 7
over 60 seconds: 28
>0 seconds; 127
=>10 seconds: 125
=>20 seconds; 96
=>30 seconds: 59
=> 40 seconds: 46
=> 50 seconds: 35
=> 60 seconds: 28

The mean length of desaturation events that were >=10 sec & <-3 minutes was: 43.6 seconds
desaturation event index (events >=10sec per sampled hour) 16.6
desaturation event index (events >=0 sec per sampled hour) 16.9

Thanks in advance
gelf

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: recent oximetry report
I don't think these results can necessarily tell you if you do or do not have an apnea problem. They look like they show a little desaturation around 4:20 am, but it doesn't look to me to be a super big deal. I can do that walking from here to the bathroom.

I'm wondering if you have other symptoms that your doc is using to help formulate the idea of a sleep study? Daytime drowziness? Lots of snoring? Unable to jump a tall building in a single bound?

A sleep study can't hurt, especially if you don't have to pay for it. Or you might see if they can set you up with an "in-home" sleep study to begin with, which won't be as conclusive but is more comfortable for you to do.
Post Reply Post Reply
daytime sleepiness, yes
snoring, yes (since I was 3 years old!!!!)

Post Reply Post Reply
Well, I know it's probably a bit concerning for you right now, but I'll tell you what, I'm lovin' the livin' now... Before, there was no way I could safely drive a car further than my living room. That bothered me a lot, but not enough to keep me from getting behind the wheel. It is so nice to be able to drive without putting myself and everyone else in harms way.

So if it develops that you do need pap treatment for apnea, embrace it as an opportunity to do something really really helpful for your body. ...and check in here often as you start the process so our highly decorated Apnea-jocks and jockettes can help you!

Post Reply Post Reply
They often use a simple quiz called the Epworth Sleepiness Scale:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epworth_Sleepiness_Scale
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi gelf,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
You might consider going ahead with the sleep study, so you can see what's going on.
Hang in there for more responses to your post and best of luck to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-22-2014, 02:51 PM)justMongo Wrote: They often use a simple quiz called the Epworth Sleepiness Scale:
I am not impressed with the Epworth Sleepiness Scale. When I fill it out much of the time I am undecided between two choices. Depending on my relative optimism or pessimism I could score a 6 or an 11 equally well.

Don in Austin

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-22-2014, 10:14 PM)Don in Austin Wrote:
(07-22-2014, 02:51 PM)justMongo Wrote: They often use a simple quiz called the Epworth Sleepiness Scale:
I am not impressed with the Epworth Sleepiness Scale. When I fill it out much of the time I am undecided between two choices. Depending on my relative optimism or pessimism I could score a 6 or an 11 equally well.

Don in Austin

I only took it once. It didn't work out too well. I fell asleep half way through....
Post Reply Post Reply
i did the epworth: 17
Post Reply Post Reply
Epworth Sleepiness Scale

Hah..... I think it is totally useless - the passenger in a car question is useless - I am rarely if ever a passenger in a car - I do all the driving myself.
I do not fall asleep driving - that I know of lol! Nor at the lights.

I rarely sit and read.

In a public place and meetings - hah - I am retired and do not go to meetings - if I am in a public place ai am usually doing something.....

I am really surprised at how so much emphasis is placed on this mickey mouse scale.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Abnormal report - me or machine Anthony2L 1 169 02-29-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question [Symptoms] Transitional CSA - oximetry freaking me out. How low is too low? Apprenticepragmatist 8 726 02-27-2024, 09:29 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 204 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  [Symptoms] Recent Symptom - Settings Change? MamaK55 1 164 02-10-2024, 06:03 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  excessive snore on report jentlesoal 0 174 02-06-2024, 04:56 PM
Last Post: jentlesoal
  How do YOU report Resmed CPAP data for compliance silverchief2 21 1,448 12-17-2023, 03:34 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  [Treatment] Could anyone help with my recent poor quality of sleep? invainn 5 541 12-16-2023, 09:07 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.