Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Meaning of these numbers.
RE: Meaning of these numbers.
(09-13-2014, 09:35 PM)PaytonA Wrote: Some of this may have to do with the S8 sensing algorithm. Within the last 2 months I switched from an S8 VPAP auto to the S9 version. With the S8 I was getting a fair number of hypopneas. When I went to the S9 they almost went away.

I will also tell you that with the S8, when I was messing with auto mode my pressures were lower and my hypopneas increased. When I went back to S mode (bilevel), the pressures were higher and the hypopneas went back down to their original level immediately. Just FYI.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Thanks. I found a study comparing S8 results to observational data that found the S8 tended to report higher hypopneas. The authors speculated that the S8 recorded a hypopnea when ever it hit the minimum pressure setting. Last night, the machine recorded HI at 11.9 and AI at 0.2.
I had a good night, sleep wise. However, I now have to tighten up the pressure of my pillows against my nose to get a good mask "fit".
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-13-2014, 07:46 PM)Galactus Wrote: You should start by downloading sleepyhead and importing the data posting the results here so people can see it and help you.

I think SleepyHead does not support the ResMed S8 family.

I think daddyhominum would need to use ResScan. And that would be after getting hold of the special (ResMed proprietary) "smart card" and proprietary card reader, as Zonk mentioned.

May be better to put the money toward an S9 AutoSet. Supplier #2 has used S9 AutoSet with humidifier and 1 yr warranty for US$529 or new S9 AutoSet with humidifier and 2 yr warrantee for US$749.

The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-15-2014, 02:16 AM)vsheline Wrote:
(09-13-2014, 07:46 PM)Galactus Wrote: You should start by downloading sleepyhead and importing the data posting the results here so people can see it and help you.

I think SleepyHead does not support the ResMed S8 family.

I think daddyhominum would need to use ResScan. And that would be after getting hold of the special (ResMed proprietary) "smart card" and proprietary card reader, as Zonk mentioned.

May be better to put the money toward an S9 AutoSet. Supplier #2 has used S9 AutoSet with humidifier and 1 yr warranty for US$529 or new S9 AutoSet with humidifier and 2 yr warrantee for US$749.

Woops, thought he had an S9.
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Switching to automatic raised AHI numbers Leitrim 4 118 03-26-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Leitrim
  Can someone help me make sense of my Therapy Numbers? kc90 6 353 02-21-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: kc90
  Central apnea, graphs' meaning and ASV machine settings GT26 4 248 02-09-2024, 12:11 PM
Last Post: GT26
  Frustrating insomnia continues despite numbers alienfrontier 10 607 01-27-2024, 02:04 PM
Last Post: alienfrontier
  [CPAP] CPAP in Silent Mode and Mask Useful life meaning aconti 5 459 12-17-2023, 01:45 PM
Last Post: aconti
  Central Sleep Apnea AHI numbers too high chathamite 12 1,021 11-19-2023, 07:47 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Meaning of information on "Sleep Report" Resmed Aircurve Auto fredhaddock 3 482 11-05-2023, 10:39 AM
Last Post: pholynyk

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.