Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

recommendations for oximeter
recommendations for oximeter
Anyone have recommendations on a good oximeter to check over night levels? Hubbys home study showed his oxygenation level was 64 and during overnight study it was in the 70's. We'd like to keep and eye on how he's doing now that he's using the VPAP. Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: recommendations for oximeter
I prefer a CMS-50F. It is worn like a wrist watch and has an external sensor for one of the fingers. The software works at XP - W 8.1 without problems. It has an internal LiIon-battery, charged at an usb-port or the delivered power supply.
SpO2 and pulse rate can be observed with the computer instantly or recorded directly with the device. The plot can be printed easily. Sleepyhead supports the device, but I have not tested this myself.

Alternative would be a CMS-50E, basically the same device, but build as a standalone finger clip.

I use both devices since 3 1/2 years.

You'll find these devices under a variety of brands.

Greetings
Fat Rat

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Fat Rat,

I have been wondering the same thing myself.
Evpraxia in the Pacific Northwest USA
Diagnosed: 44 AHI when supine, O2 down to 82%
Treated since 20 Sept 2014:: 0.7 AHI, Settings 7-15, EPR on Full Time at Level 3
Better living through CPAP/APAP machines!
Post Reply Post Reply
I have the CMS-50F. Got it from a supplier on the list who specializes in oximeters.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
I am waiting for the CMS-RS01. It is similar to the CMS-50F but it has an additional sensor for measuring the gas flow at the nose - a specialized instrument for OSA. A nose goggle is added. It is still difficult to get it in Germany. I would have to import it directly from china. No idea if German Customs would accept it with a declaration of medical conformity in Chineese ... Big Grin

Fat Rat
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pulse oximeter recommendations? p123 15 1,220 03-26-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  battery backup recommendations as10/as11 eok361 53 4,335 03-21-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 520 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  Looking for wrist oximeter to check O2 storywizard 0 90 03-13-2024, 05:29 PM
Last Post: storywizard
  Recommendations to optimize settings roost 8 625 03-06-2024, 04:51 PM
Last Post: roost
Question Oximeter Sensitivity mhjunk525 1 151 03-02-2024, 11:39 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  are there pulse oximeter synced CPAP/Bipap/sleep study devices? bhavintu79 1 203 03-02-2024, 04:53 AM
Last Post: Gep232

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.