Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

red crease marks
red crease marks
Hello

after I use my mask all night then I have red crease marks on my face. How do you avoid them? There is no pain or discomfort but simply they do not look so good...
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: red crease marks
(05-28-2016, 03:22 AM)joeatmanila Wrote: Hello

after I use my mask all night then I have red crease marks on my face. How do you avoid them? There is no pain or discomfort but simply they do not look so good...
The straps shouldn't be tight, I get better seal with slightly loose fit, could be also wrong type or/and size

There are cloth mask liners such as ... Remzzz liners http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Commercial-Posts
Pad a cheek ... google this one
ResMed Gecko pads may helps too http://www.resmed.com/int/products/gecko...c=patients

Post Reply Post Reply
Zone got it, typically new users tighten the mask too much in an attempt to reduce leaks. I don't know what type of mask you have but most use a silicone seal which expects to "float" against the skin. Try loosening the straps until it is definitely too loose, then slowly retighten a little at a time while laying on your back. After each adjustment breath normally for a few seconds, left the mask and let it settle back down until your feel it seal.

Liners can also help with the comfort and reducing marks.
I am not a Medical professional and I don't play one on the internet.
Started CPAP Therapy April 5, 2016
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply
I too am having the same problem although it is only some nights . I expect I have the mask too tight. This morning I had a mark under my right eye and a swollen left eye.It takes hours to go away
Lorraine
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-28-2016, 07:55 PM)Lojos71 Wrote: This morning I had a mark under my right eye and a swollen left eye.It takes hours to go away
Lorraine
Anything to do with eyes is a no-no and shouldn't be tolerated at all, not even for a second
I don't know about your mask but make sure that you've got the right size and fitted correctly or might need to try a different mask

Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry I did not explain myself too well the skin under the eye was swollen
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] AirFit P10 clip leaving marks deputypork 2 501 02-16-2023, 12:22 PM
Last Post: Hydrangea
  White stains/marks after cleaning LetMezz 4 1,301 05-01-2022, 02:20 PM
Last Post: Big Guy
  Ladies, anything for mask marks? Utah Desert Rat 20 1,902 01-15-2022, 11:21 AM
Last Post: Utah Desert Rat
  Mask leaving face marks jmmdh1 6 871 10-03-2021, 08:13 AM
Last Post: jmmdh1
  Mask Marks Ponydriver 5 838 06-17-2021, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Big Guy
  Chronic Crease Marks on Your Cheek? A $3 DIY Solution Sheepish 16 10,767 05-13-2021, 04:31 PM
Last Post: DaveL
  Remedy for red marks from mask? kderevan 15 2,172 12-04-2019, 03:39 PM
Last Post: Hydrangea

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.