Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

reliability of resmed air sense autoset
Cool 
reliability of resmed air sense autoset
Smile 
Hi,

My Resmed Airsense (S10) autoset had big reliability problems. Nine months after purchase, it made a constant sound like a car horn. Next a new warranty replacement lasted 6 months until the heated tube failed.  The humidifier had the correct temperature of 86 degrees, but the ClimateAirLine tube was not heating.  It was not even warm, when room temperature was 55 degrees Farenheiit. This failure not caused by the tube, since same thing happened with 3 new tubes.  It was also not caused by the settings, since I never changed them.

This is 2 failiures in 1.5 years.  My S6, S7, S8, and S9 each lasted 5 years with no failures.  I wonder if there is a recent reliability problem due to manufacturing being outsourced?  Is this rate of failure common for the S10?  Does anyone know or have similar experience?

Thank you,
S him
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: reliability of resmed air sense autoset
The failures you list are among the most common we hear, but overall reliability seems good.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: reliability of resmed air sense autoset
FWIW my ResMed 10 ASV has zero issues being a year old.

Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 44 1,290 04-05-2024, 08:17 AM
Last Post: Pawpri
  please help me make sense of my central apneas p4ncaketim 34 1,032 04-03-2024, 10:26 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] ResMed Autoset 11 Settings Optimization anker9000 0 123 04-02-2024, 11:34 AM
Last Post: anker9000
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 187 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  ResMed S9 AutoSet and OSCAR - Help Appreciated Slippy 12 575 03-16-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Slippy
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 19 26,482 03-05-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Ailyhsaun
  ResMed Airsense 10 AutoSet and Oscar Bucktilley 4 262 03-05-2024, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Bucktilley

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.