Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

removing nasal mask & head gear while sleeping
removing nasal mask & head gear while sleeping
Completed my third CPAP night last night...kind of! I can get more than two or three hours before I remove my mask but I don't even know I'm doing it? Any suggestions?Dont-know
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: removing nasal mask & head gear while sleeping
Staples? This is a rather common problem when someone first begins. It can be caused by low pressure, but I don't think so in your case. So it's more of a "getting comfy" issue. One thing you can do is to turn off the auto-start, auto-off features. That way if you do take off your mask the machine will continue to run and your roomie will sooner or later bring it humbly to your attention.

Other than that, you can sit around wearing the mask while watching tv, or reading a dime-novel, or something to help get used to it. But that sounds boring.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks R-guy...going to try the full face tonight and will check auto features as you suggest My ENT referral isn't for two weeks but I definitely have a left nostril obstruction of some type on exhale (soft palate maybe). That, in addition to an elongated uvula and enormous, freak of nature, tongue, completes my trifecta or hat trick!
Post Reply Post Reply
You could tape it -- not so it will be impossible to remove but enough so that it will require more effort and thought.

Most people who can breath through their nose will find the nasal pillows far more comfortable than a FFM.
Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Central Sleeping Apnea treatment ivan007 5 212 03-21-2024, 12:52 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  How can I rectify skin breakage from nasal mask? evenflow 2 100 03-20-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Side sleeping and shoulder pain SCgargoyle 9 986 03-19-2024, 04:51 PM
Last Post: skcampbell2
  Frustrated as unable to get AHI's less than 5 and have difficulty sleeping. . rltarbu 21 825 03-19-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: rltarbu
  Fixed Sleeping Position the entire night? Unkikonki 7 209 03-15-2024, 07:57 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Still Only Sleeping 4-5 Hours Most Nights AustinSV 5 254 03-12-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Nasal irrigation sleepingbetterinFl 8 326 03-11-2024, 10:50 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.