Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

replacement SD card?
RE: replacement SD card?
My Husband's old machine (ResMed S9) started corrupting the SD cards. So its not impossible its the machine, but yah, I'd try a new card. Even with his machine acting up I was able to get data for a few days with the new card before it failed.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-02-2019, 09:52 AM)Sydney10 Wrote: Thanks, Dave. I can hear the machine trying to write to the card, and it even says the "don't unplug, writing data" message. But no new files appear when I look at the card.

Take a look at intermittent fasting and the ketogenic diet on dietdoctor.com. After two bariatric surgeries still didn't take enough weight off me, I went to a non-surgical program. The doc who referred me there told me the bariatric doc had been a 300-pounder (at about 5'8) who had finally solved his own problem and wanted to help other patients. He did it with intermittent fasting, and it works differently than anything else I've ever tried - in that it WORKS, long term, and I no longer fear gaining the weight back. If you go to YouTube and look up Jason Fung Biggest Loser, you get a good, 20 minute overview of why diets don't work (because they turn on you after about 6  months), why all of the contestants re-gained all their weight plus some, and how IF is different.

You don't have to do both IF and keto, either alone works for many, but I'd been fat my entire life, so doing both was the key for me. It's far less unpleasant than eating 200 calories 5 times a day, and far more effective. Good luck to you, check it out. There is nothing to buy, you just learn when not to eat.

Quote:I can hear the machine trying to write to the card
Writing to SD (unlike magnetic drives like HDD or Floppy) makes absolutely no sound. 
If you genuinely hear sound, then perhaps there could be something really wrong with the CPAP.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-02-2019, 10:08 AM)ruthcatrin Wrote: My Husband's old machine (ResMed S9) started corrupting the SD cards.  So its not impossible its the machine, but yah, I'd try a new card.  Even with his machine acting up I was able to get data for a few days with the new card before it failed.

Ain't saying it is, but S9s are screwy in regards to SD cards.

Some versions of the S9 machines will not accept anything but very basic, low capacity (less than 2 GB) plain SD cards.  SDHC cards, or anything higher capacity and they look like they're working in the machine but will not show anything when plugged into a PC to be read.  IIRC, it was designed that way, not a failure if that is what was happening. Aslos, the S-9 wpouil;d freak out if the PC formatted the card and the S9 would report it was a bad card.
There.  I said it.

OMMOHY
Contrarian in Residence  
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-04-2019, 07:54 AM)OMyMyOHellYes Wrote:
(05-02-2019, 10:08 AM)ruthcatrin Wrote: My Husband's old machine (ResMed S9) started corrupting the SD cards.  So its not impossible its the machine, but yah, I'd try a new card.  Even with his machine acting up I was able to get data for a few days with the new card before it failed.

Some versions of the S9 machines will not accept anything but very basic, low capacity (less than 2 GB) plain SD cards.  SDHC cards, or anything higher capacity and they look like they're working in the machine but will not show anything when plugged into a PC to be read.  IIRC, it was designed that way, not a failure.

yah, but that doesn't explain why it gacked the card it came with (attempting to import from it crashed Sleephyhead, and the ResMed softwar couldn't see anything on the card either.  or why a different card worked fine for a week, and then did the same thing.
Post Reply Post Reply
If I buy a new sd-card from shop, should I format it some kind? I use Linux. And can I put empty SD-card to ResMed Airsense 10 machine and it starts to work (save data to card) ok? ResMed SD-card has 4 GB. How about if I buy a 32 GB card and use it?
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-02-2019, 09:52 AM)Sydney10 Wrote: Thanks, Dave. I can hear the machine trying to write to the card, and it even says the "don't unplug, writing data" message. But no new files appear when I look at the card.

Take a look at intermittent fasting and the ketogenic diet on dietdoctor.com. After two bariatric surgeries still didn't take enough weight off me, I went to a non-surgical program. The doc who referred me there told me the bariatric doc had been a 300-pounder (at about 5'8) who had finally solved his own problem and wanted to help other patients. He did it with intermittent fasting, and it works differently than anything else I've ever tried - in that it WORKS, long term, and I no longer fear gaining the weight back. If you go to YouTube and look up Jason Fung Biggest Loser, you get a good, 20 minute overview of why diets don't work (because they turn on you after about 6  months), why all of the contestants re-gained all their weight plus some, and how IF is different.

You don't have to do both IF and keto, either alone works for many, but I'd been fat my entire life, so doing both was the key for me. It's far less unpleasant than eating 200 calories 5 times a day, and far more effective. Good luck to you, check it out. There is nothing to buy, you just learn when not to eat.

I can 2nd intermitant fasting... it's tough to stick to initially however.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-17-2019, 08:03 AM)unidee Wrote: If I buy a new sd-card from shop, should I format it some kind? I use Linux. And can I put empty SD-card to ResMed Airsense 10 machine and it starts to work (save data to card) ok? ResMed SD-card has 4 GB. How about if I buy a 32 GB card and use it?

The SD card should just work, if the format is wrong the Airsense 10 will format it itself, any card from 2GB to 32GB will work just get the cheapest you can buy.
Post Reply Post Reply
I found an old 1G SD card left from my camera, and it worked fine. Just plug-and-play, no formatting.
Post Reply Post Reply
SD (secure digital) come in three generations. The original SD, Then SDHC, and finally SDXC. If your CPAP has an original card that SDHC, the machine will not be capable of utilizing a SDXC card. SDHC card can be up to 32GB capacity but for our purposes 4 GB is overkill. I suggest you buy a 4GB SDHC card. that is big enough for years worth of data. If your machine is not capable of formating it, use a regular laptop or desktop to format it FAT32 and you should be all set.

Pleasant dreams
Bruche
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-17-2019, 08:45 AM)jaswilliams Wrote:
(05-17-2019, 08:03 AM)unidee Wrote: If I buy a new sd-card from shop, should I format it some kind? I use Linux. And can I put empty SD-card to ResMed Airsense 10 machine and it starts to work (save data to card) ok? ResMed SD-card has 4 GB. How about if I buy a 32 GB card and use it?

The SD card should just work, if the format is wrong the Airsense 10 will format it itself, any card from 2GB to 32GB will work just get the cheapest you can buy.

I just bought a 64GB micro SDXC card with adapter for another purpose, and tried it in my Resmed Airsense 10. It had a single partition on it, formatted as exFAT (Microsoft's preferred filesystem for SD cards over 32GB). It sat and thought about it for a while, and then changed the partition ID from HPFS/NTFS/exFAT to FAT32 and reformatted the partition, and wrote it's basic folders to it. I'm sure it will be usable.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,078 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  HDM Z1 Battery Replacement Ephraim 10 1,828 03-17-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: breinersj
  [Equipment] Phillips DreamStation Replacement & Medicare oneeyeopen 3 206 02-29-2024, 01:29 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Where to send my philips REPLACEMENT machine Rice95 7 1,127 02-29-2024, 01:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Can I buy just the Airsense 10 Motor replacement part? JohnReam 29 9,908 02-26-2024, 08:30 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  [Equipment] Replacement Cellular Modem DMAllen 18 5,799 02-25-2024, 05:36 AM
Last Post: Neo2020
  [Equipment] BiPAP Replacement Recommendation Prowler 1 265 01-28-2024, 09:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.