Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

repurposed cpap?
So, I have a couple of old cpaps stored up in my attic and was wondering if anyone has repurposed their old machine for something else. I was thinking along the lines of an air supply for a small air brush etc. Anyone done anything neat with their old machine?
Post Reply Post Reply
I've used airbrushes and they require much more pressure than you will get from a CPAP.

Post Reply Post Reply
Best re-purpose is to locate a charity that sends used equipment to third-world nations where it is very much appreciated. It will be your good deed for the year.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply

An old unit could make a great hose dryer without running up hours on your main unit.
Post Reply Post Reply
It might provide enough volume for a small forge. Fancy taking up blacksmithing? It is on my list to make custom woodworking hand tools. Or maybe for a charcoal BBQ if you like Chicago style steaks.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have used one for pumping cold air in a beer fridge from the evaporator coils into the tap tower to chill the tap. This avoids excess foaming from beer hitting a warm tap. Genius?

Actually I use a CPAP hose connected to a computer fan in a project box. A CPAP produces too much air volume when the circuit is open (no pressure).
Post Reply Post Reply