Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Does Airview give detailed info?
Does Airview give detailed info?
My sleep doctor uses Airview. The therapist just takes my machine and downloads it into Airview. Does Airview also have detailed breathing and event graphs like sleepy head and Rescan?
ResMed AirCurve 10 vAuto
Pressure EPAP min 4.4, IPAP 8.4, IPAP Max 18, PS 4.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Does Airview give detailed info?
The better question is are they looking at it? Often how you feel is a better guide and I guarantee that airview does not report that!
Post Reply Post Reply
The AirView product page on Resmed's site is woefully inadequate. If you scroll right down to the bottom of the page there is a little video which supposedly demonstrates the program - it seems to be all about compliance and patient management. There's no mention of detailed data.

https://www.resmed.com/au/en/healthcare-...ystem.html
Post Reply Post Reply
I haven't seen the program but I'm guessing it shows detail data just like ResScan does.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
The reason I ask, is my respiratory therapist always just prints out a summary for the doctor. My doctor loves to just look at the summary and rarely in ResScan does he bring up the detailed breathing patterns  etc.

How can us patients get a doctor to dive in deeper into these reports? Must we threaten them to go to another doctor? The only thing, if I go to another doctor, nothing guaranteed that he would look into my sleep reports in more detail.
ResMed AirCurve 10 vAuto
Pressure EPAP min 4.4, IPAP 8.4, IPAP Max 18, PS 4.

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-26-2018, 10:40 AM)MyronH Wrote: How can us patients get a doctor to dive in deeper into these reports? Must we threaten them to go to another doctor? The only thing, if I go to another doctor, nothing guaranteed that he would look into my sleep reports in more detail.

You show him a sleepyhead chart showing the problematic breathing. Ask if he can verify that with his ResScan data.  We can help you with that but realize, not many have an abnormal breathing that needs to be addressed.
The beginners guide for SleepyHead has many examples of breathing patterns, both normal and abnormal.  That is a good place to start.

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-26-2018, 03:44 PM)bonjour Wrote:
(03-26-2018, 10:40 AM)MyronH Wrote: How can us patients get a doctor to dive in deeper into these reports? Must we threaten them to go to another doctor? The only thing, if I go to another doctor, nothing guaranteed that he would look into my sleep reports in more detail.

You show him a sleepyhead chart showing the problematic breathing. Ask if he can verify that with his ResScan data.  We can help you with that but realize, not many have an abnormal breathing that needs to be addressed.
The beginners guide for SleepyHead has many examples of breathing patterns, both normal and abnormal.  That is a good place to start.

Fred
HI Fred, 

could you tell me where is the beginners guide for SleepyHead ? thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
check the link below.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
My understanding (could well be wrong) is that there are multiple AirView reports and which one you get is determined by who you are.
--

Larry
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Please, need help reading the leak rate and LL info chronic 4 139 03-18-2024, 08:05 AM
Last Post: chronic
  OSCAR says: "Resmed Airsense 10 does not record detailed data"! Really? PappaJoe 3 480 02-14-2024, 06:38 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Resvent iBreeze APAP and BiPAP info TechieHippie 2 263 02-04-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Do Doctors Even Have Access to Flow Limits Info? paulag1955 16 698 01-17-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: dataq1
  DreamStation Go Recall [consolidated replacement & compensation info & questions] PHXSleeper 127 19,671 12-17-2023, 06:31 AM
Last Post: Tampa Jim
Question Please Review My Data (Oximeter Info Included) — Still Tired Despite "Good" Treatment avhenry 16 1,986 12-04-2023, 01:10 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  AIRVIEW Daily reports Opus1 3 443 11-22-2023, 10:40 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.