Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

resmed 10 SD card preparing forever
resmed 10 SD card preparing forever
Resmed 10 . Found an old 8G SD card. Put it tin the resmed and it says preparing card. Been that way for about 45 min.
took the card out. Win 10 shows no data but can see the blank card. I formated it FAT. Put it back in the resmed. Same thing. Card is just sitting at preparing.

Any advice?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: resmed 10 SD card preparing forever
NEVER MIND...

found a 1G card out of an old mp3 player (i did say old) and it worked well. Took about 2 min to write data to it.
Post Reply Post Reply
The other SD card may of been locked. Check the the little switch on the side. If so you have an extra SD card to use.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Something is fishy: shouldn't have been able to format it if it was locked... I suggest that you put it in your computer again and copy a file or folder to it. If you can't 'read' whatever you've copied to it, assign it to the round file.  If that works, then I think your ResMed has prolly been taken over by alien invaders. My AirSense 10 had no difficulty reading and writing to a FlashAir 32gb card so your machine shouldn't upchuck over 8gigs (though the ResMed card that came with mine is only a 4gig card... <shrug>)
Post Reply Post Reply
A side note:  The "Write Protect" tab on an SD card is more of a suggestion than a physical  lock.  It is used to trip a sensor in the reader to tell the main device if it is protected or not.  A lot of the plugin SD readers don't have this sensor thus allowing writing to the card regardless of the tab's position.  This inconsistency can cause problems.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Should be FAT32
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Created a program to support Wifi SD card for Resmed and all other devices narual 13 2,203 12-08-2023, 07:29 PM
Last Post: JerryE
  If a provider has my device Serial #, are they able to access my data forever more? Robert89 4 719 09-17-2023, 04:18 PM
Last Post: Lucky7
  Oscar cannot read SD card and SD card cannot be read by PC BlueSky1958 1 629 08-21-2023, 06:41 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Oscar cannot read card - card cannot be read by PC BlueSky1958 3 535 08-21-2023, 01:02 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Oscar Import from ResMed SD Card Pat F 5 913 03-25-2023, 05:44 PM
  Resmed S10 Modem and SD card gdahl 5 973 03-07-2023, 11:52 AM
Question No Data on ResMed AS10 data card?? DoubtFire61 8 1,051 01-02-2023, 12:37 PM
Last Post: pholynyk

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.