Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Received new BiPAp but will not download settings from DME...
Received new BiPAp but will not download settings from DME...
I'm new here but I just gotta express some frustration here.

I just received my new Dreamstation BiPAP from the recall. I've installed the modem and SDCard and everything and it's got cell service but it will not download my prescription settings so it is unusable. I have permanent lung damage in both of my lungs and I need this BiPAP every night. I live nearly 2 hours from my local DME location and I wont' be able to make the trip to bring it to them to have configured.

If I don't send the old one back, I am going to get charged for the new one and I just simply cannot afford it. I am barely treading water financially as it is.

My only options are to use the new device with the wrong settings or send my new device back in the return box and just keep using my old one.

I am beyond frustrated and disheartened at this.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Received new BiPAp but will not download settings from DME...
Don't send it back put the settings in yourself.  There are manuals at the top of the site you can download to see how to do it or you can go to youtube and search for your model and "clinician settings" to watch how to do it.  If you don't have the setting call the Dr. and get them.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
staceyburke
Don't send it back put the settings in yourself. There are manuals at the top of the site you can download to see how to do it or you can go to youtube and search for your model and "clinician settings" to watch how to do it. If you don't have the setting call the Dr. and get them.

Thank you for this! I didn't even think about that because I assumed they would be locked down to be changed by providers only due to liability reasons or somesuch. I will give it a try when I am able. Thank y'all for this resource!
Post Reply Post Reply
You can change the settings yourself. First, you have to promise that you won't sue yourself for doing it. Big Grin
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-03-2022, 02:04 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: You can change the settings yourself.  First, you have to promise that you won't sue yourself for doing it.  Big Grin

Haha, I swear.

No matter the course of action, I would either be responsible for using a BiPAP with unusable settings, intentionally changing the settings to the wrong ones, or continuing to use the old device and inhaling carcinogenic foam or whatever the issue was. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Bipap settings help? UARS and not sure what I'm doing Christina5818 6 203 03-23-2024, 02:52 PM
Last Post: Christina5818
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 259 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Help with settings after BiPAP Titration jd1291 5 171 03-11-2024, 12:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Using Bipap for UARS - can anyone help with erratic breathing and my settings? RagingBull 7 515 03-06-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: bertchintus
  Has anyone ever received a refund on cpap after 3 months. Mwilson123 0 200 02-10-2024, 07:43 PM
Last Post: Mwilson123
  [CPAP] Help with bipap settings airwaystent 25 1,600 01-29-2024, 08:38 AM
Last Post: airwaystent
  bipap Innisfree 2 421 12-12-2023, 07:00 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.