Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

resmed 10 making noise
resmed 10 making noise
The fan or motor on my resmed 10 is making a whining/buzzing noise, the machine works fine just can't sleep with the noise!

Any idea what it is?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: resmed 10 making noise
You may find this crazy, but remove your mask from the hose , remove the water chamber and blow in the hose 3 or 4 times real good. It may or may not work, but it worked for me.
Mine was making that whining noise and I thought my motor was also the problem. This whining noise has also happened to other people and another person reported back that blowing in it did help but not 100%. Give it a try and report back. Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-01-2022, 07:40 PM)Nightynite Wrote: You may find this crazy, but remove your mask from the hose , remove the water chamber and blow in the hose 3 or 4 times real good. It may or may not work, but it worked for me.
Mine was making that whining noise and I thought my motor was also the problem. This whining noise has also happened to other people and another person reported back that blowing in it did help but not 100%. Give it a try and report back. Thanks

Tried that didn’t do anything, it’s definitely coming from inside 
Post Reply Post Reply
Probably not it.. but mine was making a weird howl/whoosh one night. I smacked it, nothing.. then I pushed on the water tank, there was a "thuk" sound as it sealed and that fixed it.
Inspect your seals, machine to tank and tank to hose fitting.

Blowers do fail though. How many hours on it ?
Post Reply Post Reply
My first AirSense 10 made a whining sound with each inhale. Nothing I tired solved the problem.
I returned the Apap to Lincare and ResMed replaced it.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-07-2022, 06:59 AM)OpalRose Wrote: My first AirSense 10 made a whining sound with each inhale.  Nothing I tired solved the problem.  
I returned the Apap to Lincare and ResMed replaced it.

Yeah i bought this used on offer up for $250 with 275 hours.  Been working fine until this noise started i’ve tried all the connections different hoses etc it is definitely coming from the blower fan
Post Reply Post Reply
Wow, this sounds like a common problem, 
As mine has started making that whinnie noise 2 days ago and its worse on inhaling, its done 254 hrs, and no way can you sleep with that racket, so I didnt, but am paying for it today with a sore throat and cough ?, so tonight I  will try ear plugs...?? until I  get it sorted
Post Reply Post Reply
Smile 
Hi, I just been in contact with my supplier and they suggested to replace the air outlet.
So ive purchased one, so will see if that improves it when it arrives,  heres hoping..
Post Reply Post Reply
did the air flow you bought solve the whine?
Post Reply Post Reply
My machine started making a whining sound, especially when inhaling, about 5 days ago (over the long weekend, of course)

My husband did some research and read that it is often a bearing problem in the motor and they are under warranty for 2 years.

I called the supply company where I purchased the machine, they had me bring it to them, they will ship it to California to be repaired, at no cost, because it is still under 2 years old. 

I am having to lease a machine from them for the month for $150/month, which stinks. But I need it to sleep.

Hope this helps someone.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad help! bipap making things worse Sleepyroshi 11 595 03-23-2024, 01:40 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Airmini noise question sfr79 38 20,296 03-20-2024, 09:22 PM
Last Post: Blausser
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 90 03-18-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  CPAP making me feel very tense while I'm asleep jlpool 15 836 03-16-2024, 05:34 PM
Last Post: jlpool
  Breas Z2 - mask question/air noise sallym 0 147 03-07-2024, 04:17 PM
Last Post: sallym
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,604 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
Gross Need help interpreting data and making adjustments tiredandexpired 13 589 03-01-2024, 10:07 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.