Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

resmed Quatro mask
Thumbsup 
resmed Quatro mask
Is anybody else using this full face mask?? I had sleep study last night and slept with this mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: resmed Quatro mask
Yes,I have one that I wear when I'm stopp'd up..I used one in my sleep study.It's ok.But,I like my Mirage fx nasal alot better.I'm a mouth breather so I had to go with a chin strap 2.
Post Reply Post Reply
As with any mask, there are for and against camps
I have used it together with Quattro FX when did comes out and could not settle down with either

I have found a better solution with a nasal mask and chinstrap and really full face mask should not be the first option, rather last after nasal pillows and nasal masks have tried first and proven unsuccessful

There are times when full face mask is preferable, when there is some nasal obstruction condition exists or in case of having a cold
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the forum LeeC.

Do you know which quattro? Quattro Air, Quattro FX, Mirage Quattro? I have a Quattro FX and a Mirage Quattro and there are a number of people with different versions of the Quattro. Full face masks (ffm) are more difficult to get to seal well, especially at higher therapeutic pressures. Most people prefer a nasal mask or nasal pillows with probably the predominance being the nasal pillows (at least that is the noisiest group - they post a lot). In order to use either the nasal mask or pillows, one must either not mouth breath or be able to control it by the use of a chin strap (which some hate and is not effective for everyone).

If you have any more questions please ask. There are a lot of people that are much more knowledgeable than I am.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome LeeC, I used the Mirage Quattro first and have now moved to the Quattro Air and find it much better, if you are a mouth breather
in my opinion a FFM mask is your best choice.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm still pretty happy with my Mirage Quattro. Perfect? no, but if you need a FFM (and I do) its chances of working are better than the average.

But as always, the mask that works _for_you_ is what matters. Good luck!
Post Reply Post Reply
Information 
(06-01-2014, 08:07 PM)PaytonA Wrote: Welcome to the forum LeeC.

Do you know which quattro? Quattro Air, Quattro FX, Mirage Quattro? I have a Quattro FX and a Mirage Quattro and there are a number of people with different versions of the Quattro. Full face masks (ffm) are more difficult to get to seal well, especially at higher therapeutic pressures. Most people prefer a nasal mask or nasal pillows with probably the predominance being the nasal pillows (at least that is the noisiest group - they post a lot). In order to use either the nasal mask or pillows, one must either not mouth breath or be able to control it by the use of a chin strap (which some hate and is not effective for everyone).

If you have any more questions please ask. There are a lot of people that are much more knowledgeable than I am.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Thanks! The one I have is the Quattro air from.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi,

this mask is fine but a little bet better I feel with Ultra-Mirage FF from RESMED.
Post Reply Post Reply
I tried the quattro fx just felt like it was hard to breathe and to stop leaks i had to make it real tight Eat-popcorn
Post Reply Post Reply
I like my full face mirage Quattro. With a good rubber sealer, I don't have much problem with leaks. A full face mask allows for me to breathe through my nose, but also through my mouth when my sinuses become blocked. I started with a nasal mask and I would wake up unable to breathe because my sinuses were blocked.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Using DreamWisp Nasal Mask With ResMed AirSense 11 Avign0n323 2 338 01-31-2024, 01:17 PM
Last Post: Avign0n323
  Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask Leak Question fuzz 2 482 01-25-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: fuzz
  [CPAP] Still can't keep mask on after switching to ResMed Kevstuf 7 501 01-03-2024, 11:15 PM
Last Post: Kevstuf
  How to stop leakages from the F30i Full Face Mask by ResMed Jose Castro 8 1,481 11-18-2023, 04:37 AM
Last Post: UnknownActor
  ResMed mask settings - what changes in each type? skypony 8 16,058 11-13-2023, 10:14 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Mask Change P10/ N30 to F20 Issue (Resmed) mcman56 14 949 11-12-2023, 01:21 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Angry [CPAP] Resmed Mask F30i - Tabs keep breaking.. Anybody else have this problem? Snacko 5 1,721 10-20-2023, 08:57 PM
Last Post: RainbowFish

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.