Mask Make & Model: resmed quattro
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 8-20
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Sex: Male

resmed S( autoset readings
Hi everyone,
I've a question. Each morning my Resmed S9 autoset give me my AHI reading. I seem to be at 8-25. I have little to no mask leak with full face mask tight.

I try to sleep on my side, but at times find I am on my back. But here's the question. Does the AHI reading tell me how many OSA/hypopnea episodes I have that are treated, or untreated? In other words is the AHI reading telling me what the machine is not able to control? OR has controlled?

How do I know if the machine controls my apneas? IT usually rises near 18cmH20 throughout the night. I find no discomfort, but can fight leaks, unless i strap the mask tight. Thanks for any help.
(This post was last modified: 12-19-2014 04:26 PM by fede.)
12-19-2014 04:26 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
Peter_C Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: System One DS960HS
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: Mirage Quattro "MED"
Humidifier: Attached
CPAP Pressure: Auto mode-script is:15/3/3
CPAP Software: EncoreBasic Other Software

Other Comments: Severe obstructive sleep apnea 1999/Just got an ASV machine

RE: resmed S( autoset readings
The AHI that you are seeing is the 'Treated' number, meaning after treatment you still had those many events. The 'goal' is an AHI of five or less. That said, for a long time mine was forever in the 10-15 range and I felt that was the best I could get. Long story short, after much tracking, adding an Oximeter and tracking that, getting a new titration and a new machine, my AHI is now below 1-2 for the last six weeks. It also took many mask changes to make this work.

Do I feel any different? Nope. But as my untreated AHI is 100+, I am thrilled (still) after all these years.

*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional. My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
12-19-2014 04:39 PM
justMongo Offline

Monitors

Machine: ResMed VPAP Auto (S9)
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Quattro
Humidifier: ResMed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 18 IPAPmax - 11 EPAPmin, PS=5
CPAP Software: Other Software

Other Comments: μολὼν λαβέ

RE: resmed S( autoset readings
(12-19-2014 04:26 PM)fede Wrote:  How do I know if the machine controls my apneas?

Download one of the software packages such as SleepyHead and track your data. Learn to interpret it. Find what type of apneas; and what their duration is.

You have an S9 Autoset with a top end pressure of 20. You should be able to get better results unless you are having centrals.

You may need a different machine if centrals are a problem.

Also, you may need a way to stay off your back. Some folks just put something that makes it uncomfortable to roll over on their back. (Retired Guy uses an M18A1 Claymore and a pressure switch.)[Image: rofl2.gif]

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
12-20-2014 12:06 PM

Donate to Apnea Board

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Cloggd Nose elling with ResMed Airsense 10 AutoSet edmund36 1 27 Today 02:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Is this sound normal? - Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset Ronberta 8 1,273 11-29-2016 07:59 PM
Last Post: sonicboom
  Is my ResMed S9 Autoset dying? gkainz 10 529 11-09-2016 11:35 AM
Last Post: gkainz
  [Equipment] Resmed S10 Autoset Humidifier question keithb4158 6 396 11-02-2016 05:13 AM
Last Post: keithb4158
  Resmed Airsense 10 CPAP data versus Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset data David P. 4 546 10-29-2016 08:42 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  Resmed Autoset 10 alarm sound Ibiban 3 258 10-28-2016 07:30 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  Setting up new Resmed S9 Autoset Lanco 11 693 10-20-2016 07:54 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider