Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

resmed S( autoset readings
resmed S( autoset readings
Hi everyone,
I've a question. Each morning my Resmed S9 autoset give me my AHI reading. I seem to be at 8-25. I have little to no mask leak with full face mask tight.

I try to sleep on my side, but at times find I am on my back. But here's the question. Does the AHI reading tell me how many OSA/hypopnea episodes I have that are treated, or untreated? In other words is the AHI reading telling me what the machine is not able to control? OR has controlled?

How do I know if the machine controls my apneas? IT usually rises near 18cmH20 throughout the night. I find no discomfort, but can fight leaks, unless i strap the mask tight. Thanks for any help.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: resmed S( autoset readings
The AHI that you are seeing is the 'Treated' number, meaning after treatment you still had those many events. The 'goal' is an AHI of five or less. That said, for a long time mine was forever in the 10-15 range and I felt that was the best I could get. Long story short, after much tracking, adding an Oximeter and tracking that, getting a new titration and a new machine, my AHI is now below 1-2 for the last six weeks. It also took many mask changes to make this work.

Do I feel any different? Nope. But as my untreated AHI is 100+, I am thrilled (still) after all these years.
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: resmed S( autoset readings
(12-19-2014, 04:26 PM)fede Wrote: How do I know if the machine controls my apneas?

Download one of the software packages such as SleepyHead and track your data. Learn to interpret it. Find what type of apneas; and what their duration is.

You have an S9 Autoset with a top end pressure of 20. You should be able to get better results unless you are having centrals.

You may need a different machine if centrals are a problem.

Also, you may need a way to stay off your back. Some folks just put something that makes it uncomfortable to roll over on their back. (Retired Guy uses an M18A1 Claymore and a pressure switch.)[Image: rofl2.gif]
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 17 339 Yesterday, 07:47 AM
Last Post: Old Steve
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 104 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  ResMed S9 AutoSet and OSCAR - Help Appreciated Slippy 12 462 03-16-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Slippy
  ResMed Airsense 10 AutoSet and Oscar Bucktilley 4 210 03-05-2024, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Bucktilley
  Big Gap In Readings - Hours of use too short an4g745 12 462 03-01-2024, 06:50 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  [Health] Pulse oximeter readings while asleep and awake - what do these readings mean? SleepyButHopeful 11 669 02-26-2024, 03:17 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Side sleeper vs. Back sleeper readings Bob Cali 4 395 02-21-2024, 09:54 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.