Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Mask swift FX issues
RE: Mask swift FX issues
Oppps, got to update the profile.thanks for reminding me. Thought I did already.

Yep, the air channel - more or less I made a channel out of perspex (clear bendy plastic) that takes the air from the exhaust port and channels it up along the hose over my head. You take a piece of bendy plastic or even a train ticket (you would need to coat it first in scotch tape to water proof it) and bend it along the vertical axis so it forms a long canal. make two cuts on either side of one end so it can fold over. That end you scotch tape around the exhaust port near the swivel joint being careful not to block the port itself. The rest of the canal you tape to upper sides of the hose, making sure that there is a good seal all along the plastics, so that you have a "tunnel" that now allows the air to move along the hose itself and not blow back on your face. This will now direct the air along hose in whichever direction the hose is. Caution - the channel has to be large enough to allow the air to move freely and not build up turbulence, which would slow the air air flow and build up CO2. It is pretty intuitive. I find it best to preshape the entire tube with scotchtape and make a scotchtape bottom flat across the open side of the half tube. This then rests on the hose itself and prevents turbulence from the ridges of the hose.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Air Mini issues Bous 0 52 Yesterday, 08:14 AM
Last Post: Bous
  Sinus issues with CPAP Luka07 9 187 03-26-2024, 09:28 AM
Last Post: Luka07
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 86 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  How to remedy issues during lighter sleep period, 3 AM-7 AM rosebladepat 0 109 03-15-2024, 07:45 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
  Airsense 10 Issues cgries2448 0 156 03-09-2024, 03:31 PM
Last Post: cgries2448
  issues during REM sleep... ifsmithy 5 214 03-04-2024, 12:09 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  After major surgery Issues DANNOGA 5 250 02-26-2024, 03:29 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.