Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

resmed aifit p10--WOW!
RE: resmed aifit p10--WOW!
I tried both when I was in last and I decided to go for the FX.
I think if they put the p10 headgear onto the FX it would be a hit.
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
I think it already is a hit.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
When I hook up the p10 after I wash and dry it. I run the mask fit test and hold my fingers over the nose holes.
This blows out any water in the vents. Works with Resmed as10.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-20-2017, 05:00 PM)Walla Walla Wrote: I think it already is a hit.

I find the headgear on the FX is not to stable, before someone say it I am not a horse! Rolleyes lol
It is the adjusting strap that goes over the head that moves on the FX.
Apart from that it is the best I have used, and I have got a cupboard full of masks!
I threw a load of them out at the weekend, some were turning yellow and others had come a cropper and broken, others had missing headgear?
How that came about I have no idea, headgear should have been fitted to each mask.

I have some room in the cupboard for some more now Smile
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Another thing this mask's got going for it is that it's spouse-friendly. In that it blows pleasantly. Whistle
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-20-2017, 08:49 AM)Walla Walla Wrote: The above advice about the headgear is good. Also make sure the mask vents air completely dry before using. Water can block the vents making it hard to breath. I use a spare toothbrush to clean the vents. Hang on to those clips that came with the headgear.

One other tip about the mask vents, which I unfortunately had to find out the hard way:

Be careful of how high you crank up the humidity from your machine. If too high it will of course condense in your hose, lots of people have reported that problem. But the much more insidious thing is that excess moisture will also be trapped by the mask air vents. It is trapped in between the inside and outside vents.

When that happens, there is no longer anywhere for the air to go when you exhale.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-20-2017, 05:00 PM)Walla Walla Wrote: I think it already is a hit.

Just picked up a p-10 to allow my sore beak to rest.  So, how do you mouth-breathers deal with using it?
Figured it better to ask before opening the sealed packet..
Post Reply Post Reply
I use a soft cervical collar which also helps with a positional issue I had. I also use the tongue trick. Most of the time it works for me.

When I first tried the tongue trick I thought it would never work for me. But I'm finding out as time goes on my tongue most of the time stays where it's suppose to now.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Meh.  

Pillows schmellows.

I tried the P10 for a while after I had MOHS surgery on the side of my nose making my normal Swift nasal mask iffy.  They were OK, but I ended up hating the pillows concept more than I thought and went back exclusively to the nasal mask.

I have the P10 somewhere unless I tossed it.

Whatever blows yer kilt up I guess.

OMMOHY
Post Reply Post Reply
I like everything about the P10 except that the tube gets in my way when tossing and turning as I am inclined to do. I think I'd be all set if it had a swivel at the connector, but without that, I can't seem to make it work.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResMed AiFit P10 available for trials in Switzerland gjw 6 2,389 06-12-2014, 08:41 PM
Last Post: kderevan

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.