Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

resmed aifit p10--WOW!
RE: resmed aifit p10--WOW!
I use a tube hangar and that's solved any issues that I had with getting tangled up in tube, to paraphrase Dylan. I was going to try that mask with the tube that attaches at the top of your head when I realized that with a tube hangar, that mask solved a problem that I didn't have. I got the p10 instead...and I'm very happy indeed that I did!
Post Reply Post Reply
I use a hose hanger as well. It keeps the hose up and out of the way. I originally purchased a HoseBuddy which is a metal hanger. The HoseBuddy is heavy and hard to pack when traveling so I purchased the CPAP Hose Lift v5.5 which is very light and takes virtually no room to pack when folded up. I still use the HoseBuddy at home.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-21-2017, 06:39 PM)zzzZorro Wrote: Just picked up a p-10 to allow my sore beak to rest.  So, how do you mouth-breathers deal with using it?
Figured it better to ask before opening the sealed packet..

Ruby Chin Strap

Also, the tongue press technique gets more effective over time.  

But I still have not discontinued the chin strap. 

Saldus Miegas
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-21-2017, 06:39 PM)zzzZorro Wrote:
(11-20-2017, 05:00 PM)Walla Walla Wrote: I think it already is a hit.

Just picked up a p-10 to allow my sore beak to rest.  So, how do you mouth-breathers deal with using it?
Figured it better to ask before opening the sealed packet..

Power to all of you who use it.  I tried cervical collar and then a chinstrap and the mouth-pharting persisted.  First impression when started was 'cool- going to love this' but that changed promptly.  Laid there trying to fall asleep for 4:31 and never made it work for me but was determined to log 4-5 hours for compliance.  Glad my tonsils were removed when I was a kid 'cause I'm certain they'd have been relocated into my stomach. Dont-know
Also picked-up  a ResMed clear Gecko plastic pad (rubber fish-worm stuff) to use under my F-20 AirTouch -just in case- to pad the pressure sore on my schnozz made from the memory foam pad.  That seemed to work well last night under the AirTouch.
Post Reply Post Reply
I thought the whole point of the foam on the F-20 was to make it softer. Oh well.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-23-2017, 12:54 PM)Walla Walla Wrote: I thought the whole point of the foam on the F-20 was to make it softer. Oh well.

You would think- But the point on the schnozz is about a half inch long and is where my glasses tend to set also.  Just too much going on there.  Gecko appears to help last night when I tried it.
Wife is insistent along with being soft memory foam is slightly abrasive Unsure
Post Reply Post Reply
The interface between your nose and the mask is great. I use a CPAP hose tube management clip (search on your favorite online retailer) to connect the hose to my t-shirt.

However, I have a large head and find the headgear on the P10 too small. I've tried stretching it out, but it seems very resistant to stretching. As a result, I sometimes find that the mask is too tight. Other times, I manage to get it on my head so that it is comfortable, and then end up having leaks. I wish it were adjustable like on other masks.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-23-2017, 11:16 PM)Reznik Wrote: I have a large head and find the headgear on the P10 too small.

Just how big of a head do you have? Smile

Did you spread apart the straps so that one is high on your head, or even close to your forehead, and the other strap is way down by your ears? I have a large head and that's what I do.

The thickness and length of your hair makes a difference. Are your straps routed over your hair? I find that I can route my upper strap between most of my hair on top, and I can route my lower strap just above my ears and under most of my hair in back. The downside is it looks hideous when I wake up. It's a special case of "bed head".

The elastic gets looser with use. It's a lot different between when it is new and after a few weeks of use. So don't wash the elastic? Ewww. Gross. I wash the elastic maybe every few weeks. I wash the rest of the mask much more frequently.

Maybe try washing the elastic in either cold water or perhaps lukewarm? I think maybe hot water makes it shrink back? Or maybe it's the other way around; hot water stretches it more? Try to experiment?

Leaks shouldn't be a problem for the machine unless they're large. The machine is smart enough to compensate for small leaks. Still, I find even small leaks annoying, but they're still much better to deal with than leaks from a full face mask. When I tried an FFM I had leaks near my eyes; those were much more annoying than leaks around the nostrils.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-27-2017, 04:39 AM)SnoringInOregon Wrote:
(11-23-2017, 11:16 PM)Reznik Wrote: I have a large head and find the headgear on the P10 too small.

Just how big of a head do you have? Smile

Did you spread apart the straps so that one is high on your head, or even close to your forehead, and the other strap is way down by your ears? I have a large head and that's what I do.

Yes, I do.  And what happens is that it continues to creep forward on my head until the mask is too loose!  Sad

(11-27-2017, 04:39 AM)SnoringInOregon Wrote: The thickness and length of your hair makes a difference. Are your straps routed over your hair? I find that I can route my upper strap between most of my hair on top, and I can route my lower strap just above my ears and under most of my hair in back. The downside is it looks hideous when I wake up. It's a special case of "bed head".

I have very short hair, so it doesn't seem to act as much of an impediment.

(11-27-2017, 04:39 AM)SnoringInOregon Wrote: The elastic gets looser with use. It's a lot different between when it is new and after a few weeks of use. So don't wash the elastic? Ewww. Gross. I wash the elastic maybe every few weeks. I wash the rest of the mask much more frequently.

I haven't used mine long enough to wash it.  But, I stretched it out to its mechanical limits for about 12 hours and found that it still performs almost as well as a new strap.  I think ResMed engineered it that way.  

(11-27-2017, 04:39 AM)SnoringInOregon Wrote: Maybe try washing the elastic in either cold water or perhaps lukewarm? I think maybe hot water makes it shrink back? Or maybe it's the other way around; hot water stretches it more? Try to experiment?

Leaks shouldn't be a problem for the machine unless they're large. The machine is smart enough to compensate for small leaks. Still, I find even small leaks annoying, but they're still much better to deal with than leaks from a full face mask. When I tried an FFM I had leaks near my eyes; those were much more annoying than leaks around the nostrils.

There have been a couple of times where the mask just started to come off of my face while I was sleeping.  The graphs show a massive leak and then I woke up about 15 seconds later.

Perhaps I just need to get used to it being a little tighter....
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-27-2017, 11:52 AM)Reznik Wrote: There have been a couple of times where the mask just started to come off of my face while I was sleeping.  The graphs show a massive leak and then I woke up about 15 seconds later.

What sleeping position are you in when the mask starts to come off?

I only sleep on my back when I use my P10. That's the only position it's comfortable for me. If I try to sleep on my side the mask is easily jostled and becomes loose and I get (non-massive) leaks and I wake up.

Maybe there are people here (or maybe on cpap talk) that can give you hints on using the P10 when sleeping on your side. There must be some way to keep it from sliding around so much.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResMed AiFit P10 available for trials in Switzerland gjw 6 2,397 06-12-2014, 08:41 PM
Last Post: kderevan

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.